A Lancashire Lad in Scotland

StephenL

Mu-43 Regular
Hi - having just joined this forum I thought it might be appropriate to say hello.

I've been an active member on the Olympus UK E-system user group for a while, but now that I've gone completely micro-four-thirds, I thought I'd better join here also!

I now have an E-P2 and a G2, and a plethora of Olympus, Panasonic, and third-party lenses in various mounts, and have rediscovered the pleasures of manual focus, which became very difficult when I moved to digital in 1999 but which is now ridiculously easy with the advent of EVFs.

I will probably lurk a lot while I find my feet here - bear with me!

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
Hi Stephen,
like you I moved from the E system to m4/3, having begun my photography many years ago before auto focusing and the like, so it's been a great pleasure to go back to what you so correctly describe as the pleasures of manual focus.
We'll be keeping an eye out for you lurking somewhere, but hey, don't stay lurking for too long, jump in and enjoy.

Barrie

Briar

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Stephen, welcome to the forum. Finding your feet is easy, just look down! :smile: Now that that is sorted, I'm sure you will find yourself at home in no time here, everyone is so helpful and friendly, and we are always keen to see each other's photographs. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

StephenL

Mu-43 Regular
Ever heard of a small cottage called Gosford House? We live (and work) on the estate.

Didn't know there was anything much between Aberlady and Longniddry! I quite often go for a potter on the Aberlady Bents or a bit further along the coast.

David

dko22

Mu-43 Regular
Ever heard of a small cottage called Gosford House? We live (and work) on the estate.

Oh, that's the large estate you can't really see from the road isn't it? I'm sure I've seen the entrance. I rather suspect that it's a bit more than a small cottage!?

StephenL

Mu-43 Regular
That's the place. I work in and around the Big Hoose. Open to the public Thurs-Sun, 1-4pm, till mid September. Guided tours by the wife! (and others)

Oh, that's the large estate you can't really see from the road isn't it? I'm sure I've seen the entrance. I rather suspect that it's a bit more than a small cottage!?

Latest threads

Top Bottom