A hungry bumblebee eating honey

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by pake, Aug 14, 2013.

1. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Shot these few clips a couple of weeks ago with my E-M5 & Oly 60mm f/2.8. Unfortunately the first two clips were shot handheld - hence the shake. Sorry about that. In the future I will use some sort of support/tripod/monopod when shooting macro videos...

BTW, I didn't know bumblebees had such long tongues. :biggrin:

<embed src='http://koti.mbnet.fi/pake/flashplayer.swf' height='644' width='1147' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars="&autostart=true&file=http://koti.mbnet.fi/pake/bumblebee_(2013-07-21).mp4"/>

In case the embedded video doesn't work you can watch the video clip here: Bumblebee (2013-07-21)

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    A REALLY INCREDIBLE VIDEO! :2thumbs:

3. Joltinjess

Joltinjess Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Port Moody, BC
    Jesse
    It took about 10 minutes for me to download this but it was worth it! Very cool.

4. pake

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    That's weird since the server/connection is usually pretty fast... Glad you waited - and enjoyed. :smile:

5. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Wow - that was great. Thanks!

6. Leeemma

Leeemma Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Thats really a nice closeup video. How did you manage to take that? Nice

7. pake

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    To be honest it was easy since the bumblebee was willing to co-operate. :biggrin: The first three clips were handheld since I didn't know how long the bumblebee would "pose" for me or if it would fly away when I approached with my camera. But since it decided to stay still and enjoy the honey I put a piece of clothe under the camera to minimize the shake.

Now I think I need a mini tripod or something similar to use with macro videos. Maybe a sand filled bag/pouch would be great...

8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    It took forever to download, but that's very cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.