A hungry bumblebee eating honey

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by pake, Aug 14, 2013.

1. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Shot these few clips a couple of weeks ago with my E-M5 & Oly 60mm f/2.8. Unfortunately the first two clips were shot handheld - hence the shake. Sorry about that. In the future I will use some sort of support/tripod/monopod when shooting macro videos...

BTW, I didn't know bumblebees had such long tongues. :biggrin:

<embed src='http://koti.mbnet.fi/pake/flashplayer.swf' height='644' width='1147' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' flashvars="&autostart=true&file=http://koti.mbnet.fi/pake/bumblebee_(2013-07-21).mp4"/>

In case the embedded video doesn't work you can watch the video clip here: Bumblebee (2013-07-21)
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
  3. Joltinjess

Joltinjess Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Port Moody, BC
    It took about 10 minutes for me to download this but it was worth it! Very cool.
  4. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    That's weird since the server/connection is usually pretty fast... Glad you waited - and enjoyed. :smile:
  5. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Wow - that was great. Thanks!
  6. Leeemma

Leeemma Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Thats really a nice closeup video. How did you manage to take that? Nice
  7. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    To be honest it was easy since the bumblebee was willing to co-operate. :biggrin: The first three clips were handheld since I didn't know how long the bumblebee would "pose" for me or if it would fly away when I approached with my camera. But since it decided to stay still and enjoy the honey I put a piece of clothe under the camera to minimize the shake.

Now I think I need a mini tripod or something similar to use with macro videos. Maybe a sand filled bag/pouch would be great...
  8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    It took forever to download, but that's very cool.