A great "GAS-stopper" - a new camera bag!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ramirez, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I have lately been attacked by GAS-temptetions... So many new great cameras that has come out this autumn. I even got tempted by the full frame monster (that has tried to lure me in it's nest).
    I even contacted the camera shops that I use to trade with. I offered my whole m4/3 system as a trade in... But you never get what you paid for it!

I did not go through with these trade propositions. I discovered that I really love the systems I already have!
    I got a great m4/3 system with the OM-D E-M5 and battery grip (in this I have a small camera when needed and a more ergonomic and bigger one when needed); 5 m4/3 lenses.
    I got my Fuji X-E1 and 2 great Fujinon lenses.
    A great compact camera in my Fujifilm X100s!

I discovered that if I trade away my gear; I have to start all over again with a system that isn't as mature as the m4/3 system. I couldn't live without 5-axis IBIS.
    And if I really need great high ISO I have my Fujis.

But still the GAS tried to ensnare me...

What do you do then? You buy another camera bag! A bag that can take all you camera gear - then you really see what you have and you are able to use everything on location. And the beauty of the mirror less systems that I have is that the whole system is light to carry in that bag!

I bought the Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400 AW :smile:

In this I can even carry my iPad. The only camera that isn't there is my Fuji X100s, it is in it's own full leather case!

Attached Files:

2. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Your response was one of the so called mature defense mechanism's. Sublimation. You had an unacceptable thought, the proclivity to chase after that hot new full frame but instead of any further infidelities you chose to sublimate those improper desires into buying flowers for your wives.. err a bag for your three cameras.You really diverted one form of gas to another form. The perfect camera bag is a much more futile search in my opinion. I just had a good bag setup one that was just minutely flawed but then I had to go buy another body and then the search began again.

One thing that has helped me is that target recently had a clearance of some Golla brand bags and they were cheap and had wonderful inserts so that's helping me atm. Although I feel like I need a nice backpack as well.I am not sure what to do, I have a kata 3in1 25pl and while it is nice it doesn't really fit two bodies, flashes and both my panny 100-300mm and my olly 50-200mm non swd lenses plus my other m 4/3 lenses. I guess I should trade it for something else. The sad thing is that I was soo convinced this bag would work for me when I got it last year and it's basically sat in my closet all this time taking up space.

I wouldn't mind a mindshift gear bag except the cost. I don't feel a pressing need for it atm and I think I might be able to work something out using the golla inserts and a backpack. I guess we'll see.I think gear is one of the joys of this hobby. You can be out and about shooting or at least thinking about compositions and light. Then at other times you can sit and obsess over new gear and what you want to upgrade. It's positive reinforcement and one of the things that can excite you into taking photos and improving your
  3. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    It is at least a bit cheaper to go after a new camera bag than that hot new full frame :smile:
    The thought of a full frame camera hasn't left my mind totally but I think that I'll try to save up for maybe a used one. I donĀ“t want to let go of my existant two camera systems - I think that the sum of it all for me is: don't trade away anything, save up instead :biggrin:
  4. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    I tried that, it didn't work. Received a ONA bag two weeks ago and this week I bought another lens (not u4/3 though) :p

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43