1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A Frosty dawn on the North Kent Marshes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ManofKent, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    An opportunity to explore my backyard. The fields and marshes along Faversham Creek might not be the most dramatic landscape, but at dawn on a cold frosty day it's at its best. All with one of the GM1s:

Panasonic 45-150:
    Roosting_birds_web.

Panasonic 45-150:
    fence_line_web.

Panasonic 20:
    frozen_daybreak_web.

Sigma 30:
    reeds_web.

• Like Like x 15
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    All very mice. I'd consider bringing down the brightness of the foreground though. I think more of a silhouette effect would suit the scenes better.

3. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    Tastes differ, of course, but I like the softness of the colors in these.

4. ManofKent

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    Thanks - I did take a couple where the foreground became largely incidental, and the mid-ground was silhouetted, but as the lighting changed I wanted to try and capture the cold emptyness. I think my favourite is the last shot of the group with the Sigma where the foreground dominates. Anyway here's a more silhoutte approach from earlier in the shoot, also with the sigma 30:

Ham_Marshes_sigma30_web.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ManofKent

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    Thanks. I'm not really a landscape shooter. As the sun comes up there's little contrast between the sky and foreground, both in terms of colour and exposure because the heavy frost is so reflective.

6. G3user

G3user Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2013
    UK
    Nice shots :smile: I really like the first of the Sigma pictures best: great colours.