'A Few x100 Shots'...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by RT_Panther, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    -This camera is not for everyone.
    -It appears to be a love/hate item (love for me). :biggrin:
    -I managed to grab a new 21** serial number that came with 1.20 but I updated to 1.30..no issues thus far (knock on wood)
    -Why did I get it? Always wanted one & the price new with the leather case for free was too much for me to resist....:biggrin:

Fujifilm FinePix x100 by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Aveda Institute Gas Pumps by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Mission Nuestra Señora de la Purísima Concepción de Acuña by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Chicken Panini At CIA by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

ISO 3200 Herakles & Hebe Double Herm by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr

Il Sogno Osteria by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 4
  2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    very nice shots...
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I love that Velvia setting! The X100 was love for me too. Sold it because the X-Pro does the same thing a bit better and with a lot more versatility, but there's something so purely RIGHT about the X100 that it was VERY VERY hard to sell even though I wasn't using it with the X-Pro in the bag.

I love what Fuji's doing. its not the ultra-modern be-all, end-all that does everything well. They're throwbacks to a different way of shooting that in some ways is more difficult and is the old-school yang to the ultra moder ying to most ultra-capable modern cameras.

And they come with an unlimited supply of really awesome film! :biggrin:

Congrats on the purchase and keep 'em coming...

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    best.... camera..... ever. (for me....YMMV)

Congrats on your new camera.
  5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    i hope they release the rumored "cheaper"/low end version of the xpro1... i'd get it in a heart beat if it was competitively priced against the e-m5 and it has the same xpro1 sensor (or even the x100 sensor)... just let the AF speed go faster i guess
  6. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    Same here. I have the X100 and love it. I look at the xpro1 and TBH I don't really need anything more than an interchangeable lens version of the X100. Having said that it is pretty much a given that the xpro1 will get much cheaper here in the UK. The X100 went from about a grand down to £630, the xpro1 has already come down to £1170, give it a few months and it will cost the same here as the OMD.
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Sweet camera and really nice pix - I just can't justify adding another camera to the three I have now.:rolleyes:
  8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Tks & I understand you 100% here! :smile:
  9. bobbywise

bobbywise Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Nantes, France