1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A few street captures in Lisbon

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by barbosas, May 24, 2013.

1. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    Taken in Lisbonm my first photowalk with the Pana 20/1.7

Click for bigger sizes.

8797082659_5a67edd7d1_c.

8807663366_caccbc5002_c.

2. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    Are you open to critique?

3. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    Yes, of course.

4. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    In my eyes, what hurts the first is the distortion in the left side where the building edge doesn't run parallel to the margin (fixable). Most of the impact of this picture is the rectilinear building and the person and reflections seem in the windows. Much of that is dissipated by the distortion.

In the second one, the perspective distortion isn't harmful, it's even an interesting design element. I think I would rather that the top edge of the shelter not be clipped but meet the margin, thus making the metal of the shelter a purposeful design.

Thank you for allowing me to comment.

Lew

5. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    Did you do any post processing? The colors are wonderfully brilliant.

6. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    Thank you for you critiques, I really like to hear other people have to say in order to improve my skills.

In Number 1 my first try was to align the photo parallel to left, but then it was completely misaligned on top which was even worse, regarding aligment I couldn't do any better in pp with this shot :(

In Number 2, indeed you're right, but it was a very fast shot, I really liked the woman's facial expression and I didn't have time to frame it properly.
    I added a little of vignete in pp in order draw the attention to the woman face.

Yes I did, I tweaked the curves and added a bit of saturation if I recall correctly.
    On the 2nd one I also added a bit of vigneting.