1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured A few pics from Nashville.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by MrRunciter, Oct 3, 2018.

1. MrRunciter

MrRunciter Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2018
    Treasure Coast FL
    My wife and I just got back last night from a a long weekend in Nashville. We stayed at one of the hotels right around the corner from Broadway, and right across the river from Nissan Stadium (where the NFL Titans play). Very enjoyable trip.
    This is my first foray into trying to do anything other than phone snapshots while travelling. Just not a fan of lugging a lot of gear around while sightseeing. I knew we would be walking almost everywhere we went, so I had decided against the D7200/Sigma 17-70 that I use sometimes for walkaround stuff. Lighter and smaller was my main priority. After the research and decision-making process, which had way too much boring detail to go into here, I ended up taking a Oly EM-5ii (with grip, used mostly with the 12-40 PRO) and a Panasonic GX85 (used mostly with the Pana 20mm f/1.7 and the Oly 14-150ii).
    Any comment or suggestions are welcomed, but please bear in mind this is my first attempt at this type of thing with an m43 system.
    Also, if you have a go-to camera/lens/bag combo I would like to hear about it

Thanks,
    Mark
    EMD50050.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    EMD50060.jpg
    EMD50072.jpg
    EMD50099.jpg
    EMD50106.jpg
    P1010596.jpg
    P1010603.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I was all over the Johnny Cash museum when I was last there!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Santa

Santa Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Tennessee
    Tom Staggs
    Being from Nashville I think you did very well at depicting the Nashville downtown. There are so many different icons represented in the downtown area it is hard to pick six or seven. You did a very excellant job. I Would like to see the Vietnam Memorial Bridge in Color

4. MrRunciter

MrRunciter Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2018
    Treasure Coast FL
    Thanks, Santa. There is so much to do there (as I'm sure you can attest) that we ran out of time to see everything we wanted to see. We are already planning another trip next fall, and I am really looking forward to it.
    I will look to see if I have a decent shot of that bridge in color. We we out walking at sunrise that morning, and the overall lighting was not too great....overcast and grey, and the above picture didn't really do much for me until I changed it to B&W.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Great Job! I often carry the EM5 with the 14-150 and the 17mm 1.8 on trips. It's a great combo and not too hard to carry every where. I carried my 40-150 Pro on a trip to Branson in September. I sure did miss the 14.150.:) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.