1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A few more weeks... the agony of waiting...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asaulo1, Mar 23, 2012.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    after reading a lot of forums about people receiving their Canon 5D MK III, Nikon D800 and Fuji XPro 1, it hurts to think that we're still a few weeks away from receiving our OMD's. Anybody share this anxiety with me? I've read almost every review, article, comparison of the OMD and I'm still not satisfied that it's still a while before it arrives..... the wait continues......

• Like Like x 3
  2. EthanFrank

EthanFrank Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2011
    Same here, and I imagine many others. It can't come soon enough! This will be my first m4/3 camera. I've bought the lenses, which makes the wait even harder!

3. captevo

captevo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    +1.
    i have a good deal on gf2 and bought it while waiting.
    If anything, i can hand down to relative.

i also bought 45mm and 20mm 1.7, the 12mm is calling my name but i can't justify the price on the 12mm.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Psh... the anxieties of the rich. Us poor folk have nothing to worry about. ;)

5. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I'm yearning for the OM-D mainly for video purposes.

I yearn to be able to shoot videos that have the nearly as good detail resolution, image stabilization and audio as a prosumer Panasonic camcorder, but with the image brightness and colors of an Olympus still camera. I'm hoping the E-M5 may come close to meeting that goal.

None of the Canons or the Panasonic GH2 deliver Olympus colors so they wouldn't meet my needs.

6. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Ned, that's the problem right there... We poor folks are hurting knowing that the inevitable $1k hit is soon coming... In addition to all the other m4/3 $$$ that will go down the drain....

7. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    What I don,t understand is why all the pre ordering ? How do you know its going to be any good ? Am I missing something ? This is like saying something, somewhere is the best before you have it or have been there ?

8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I don't usually get that antsy about getting a camera right NOW, but if I have a trip coming up, I tend to get that way. It was like that last year this time with the X100 (which arrived via a cousin in Canada just a few days before we left for a week in Jamaica - my US order would not have shown up in time). And this year I'm going to be IN New York for all of April, shooting myself silly, so the sooner in the month, the better. As long as its mid-April, I'm OK (not like I don't have other cameras to shoot with!) - anything earlier will just be icing on the cake. And if it somehow doesn't arrive until near the END of the month, I'm gonna be seriously bummed. Because I really want to give this camera a serious workout and NYC is the best place on earth for me to do that. And I think it will really facilitate a lot of the shooting I plan to do there if it even comes close to living up to expectations...

-Ray

9. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Go outside. Read a book. Ride a bike. Heck, go give your current camera a last ride. Didn't your mother ever teach you that a watched pot never boils?

10. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    my response would be, from shooting the E-PL1 for a few months now, if the OMD is even just twice as good, I know it will be worth it. Especially given it's size, I will be more prone to bringing it than relying solely on an iphone for those "don't want to lug around my DSLR" moments..... I am so accustomed to bringing my E-PL1 with the panny 14mm lens that I know I have a good camera whenever a picture moment arises..... that's just my .02
    Cheers....

11. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    Why not just go out and use your current m4/3 camera and take some pictures. Maybe you'll be surprised at how nice it still takes pictures. It's spring time...well in the northern hemisphere anyways. I'll probably have to wait at least a year before I'll end up buying it since I like to buy about a generation or two behind.

12. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    Right with you on the waiting lol

13. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm actually tempted to get an E-P3 now. Prices are dropping in anticipation of the OM-D.

14. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I am VERY antsy!

15. artsifrtsy

artsifrtsy Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Ozarks
    I was just starting to look into an E-P3 body as an upgrade from my E-P2 when I saw the press release about the OM. I originally bought the E-P1 when it came out and hung on to it until the E-P3 was introduced. I don't mind being a model behind - so I bought the E-P2, but when I saw the OM I ordered it right away. I actually shot an OM 35mm in college and the look of the new is spot on. I love my E-P2 but really look forward to that faster focusing. I will probably keep the E-P2 with the pancake as a walk around camera, I can't really bear to part with it. April 16th can't get here fast enough!

16. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    Oregon
    haha im in the same boat, picked up a gf2 for sub 150 and is in amazing condition.
    12mm is on it right now, 45mm comes on wednesday, and then em5 comes when ever ! @.@

17. Ray Sachs

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    If you already have an EP3 or other current Pen, have had other, less capable Pens, in the past, you know pretty much what to expect from Olympus. And there have been enough reviews and user accounts of both pre-production and now production level cameras to have a pretty good idea where the differences are. It's not a matter of "the best" necessarily, but I'll be very surprised if I don't like it quite a bit. a lot of cameras, that I don't know a lot about based on personal experience, I'll wait on. I know plenty enough to pre-order this one. And if it ends up being really bad, well THAT'S what returns are for. Highly unlikely though.

-Ray

18. Ray Sachs

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah. Turns out she was wrong.

-Ray

19. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    You can do what I am doing...obsessively read the manual over and over. I sold my E-P2 so currently am without a body for most of my legacy lenses. :crying:

20. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011