damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Although we live 20 miles from central London, i rarely go - too much hustle and bustle but last week we went in for the day.

Started off with mid morning tea at Harrods. If you're insane, you can pay £55 each for a few sandwiches, some cake and a glass of champagne !

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

tea at harrods by damianmkv, on Flickr

harrods tea by damianmkv, on Flickr

Then we walked and ended up on a river cruise from the London eye to Greenwich and back

tower bridge by damianmkv, on Flickr

the shard from the river by damianmkv, on Flickr

candy by damianmkv, on Flickr

squeeze by damianmkv, on Flickr

tower bridge sunset by damianmkv, on Flickr

fading fast by damianmkv, on Flickr

bloody freezing at the end but a good trip - major cities come alive at night i think

Alberta Dave

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Looks like you had a fun time and the city does seem to come alive after dark. Great pictures, thanks for posting.
We did high tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria (Vancouver Island) and it was around the same price but it was nice sitting in the window watching your "subjects" walk by. They made us feel quite important for the short while we were there. And.....the cutlery was clean too LOL.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
Nice shots Damian. My wife and I visited London back in 2015 when we came over for Goodwood FoS, and loved it. She had been there before (spent a summer working whilst in university), but it was my first time. I really enjoyed just walking around the city, enjoying the parks during the summer (seriously, the parks are bloody fantastic), and the shopping markets on the weekend.

We've been toying with the idea of going back next year (FoS on Fri/Sat, London on Sun-Tues, then head up to the Lake District for a few days).

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice shots Damian. My wife and I visited London back in 2015 when we came over for Goodwood FoS, and loved it. She had been there before (spent a summer working whilst in university), but it was my first time. I really enjoyed just walking around the city, enjoying the parks during the summer (seriously, the parks are bloody fantastic), and the shopping markets on the weekend.

We've been toying with the idea of going back next year (FoS on Fri/Sat, London on Sun-Tues, then head up to the Lake District for a few days).
seems like a plan - I'm sure i'll do FoS again but I've not decided on which day(s) yet

West's Camera

New to Mu-43
A wonderful scene. The composition and lighting is perfect. The thing which often challenges me when as a newbie I see such inspiring photography is trying to understand where the photo taking ends and post processing begins. Today's cameras are just fantastically capable. It too often seems that merely shooting RAW in auto mode is all that is necessary when applying expert level post processing. This photo is wonderful. But, how it was 'constructed' is what I wonder about.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A wonderful scene. The composition and lighting is perfect. The thing which often challenges me when as a newbie I see such inspiring photography is trying to understand where the photo taking ends and post processing begins. Today's cameras are just fantastically capable. It too often seems that merely shooting RAW in auto mode is all that is necessary when applying expert level post processing. This photo is wonderful. But, how it was 'constructed' is what I wonder about.
The other takeaway is getting yourself to places worth photographing. It doesn't have to be London, or the equivalent, but you have to learn to see the scene.

A capable camera and technically adept photographer with good post processing skills does not necessarily mean a good image. We seem to be full of good "technical" images of often uninspiring scenes. I'm afraid the art is being lost.

damianmkv's shots combine all of the necessary elements and give us some wonderful images to enjoy.

Saledolce

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The other takeaway is getting yourself to places worth photographing.
And make sure you get there at the right time of the day.:) You can probably take the same river cruise at 2pm, and trust me no postprocessing or technical feature of the camera body is giving you those pics.

Taking a picture begins long before we press the button.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom