a few Corvette's shot in darkness with the E-PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, May 3, 2012.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    still learning... and again, the 14mm is noisy, the 20mm is much better for pitch darkness shots... the last 2 shots of the red vette used the 14mm..

I love the 14, but for this type of setting, the 20mm is the better choice.

vt-1.

vt-2.

vt-3.

vt-4.

vt-5.

vt-6.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DizzyV6P

DizzyV6P Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Maryland
    Once again, awesome shots! I like these better than the Dodge ;)

Only critique would be the water/manhole/electrical cover next to the tires in pictures 3 and 4.

You could sell a few cars with your pictures...LOL.

3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Nice job again, photographically, I still think the black on black look of the other set has more impact.

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez

you're right about that damn manhole thingie, didn't notice it much in the darkness...

here is a image shot with my Sony Alpha 65 SLT, this one was a 20 second exposure, light painting the car in the rear, turning off light, running to the car in front, light painting with the led torch, then running off frame..

after 5 attempts, one got a good workout...heh, capture images and lose weight at the same time!

corvettes-night-7.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Once again, these images are amazeballs! :2thumbs: I love how you state that you're "still learning" and then drop these awesome shots.

First off, I like the subjects here much more than the Caliber you shot the other day. Second, I keep waiting for the ghost of LittleMT to show up in one of these, but I haven't found it yet.

Third, I have a technical question on how you're using the torch. The shadows underneath the cars seem to indicate that you're down-lighting them. Are you holding the torch up high and pointing it down on the vehicles?

Is that a person I see in the rear quarter panel of shot #3 just below the side light?

For someone who JUST got into :43:, the things you're doing are inspiring.

6. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    You are correct sir, I like holding the torch up high and aiming down, or down lighting them as you say, that might be a person in the rear quarter panel, I can't tell, chances are it is, probably the owner of the car. There is little things like this where improvement can be had, as well as the camera itself. I have convinced myself that the Panny 14mm which I love for its angles, isn't a good choice for pitch darkness and light painting. It will work, but the faster 20mm is superior in this regard. I have the score the 25mm prime now and give that a go. I am awaiting delivery today of my new 7.5mm fisheye...hope to have fun with that one....As soon as I find a Silver OM-D body, or even with the 12-50mm, I'll buy it, and I will have a lens collection of primes in place, to hopefully take even better night shots.

7. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Here is the ghost of my hubby, long exposure fun, shooting my twin turbo GTO...

gtolightpaint51.

8. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    wow these are fantastic. I like the impact of the dodge one just because or the darker image and seeing more of just the silhouette. Either way calling your self a begginer and dropping pitures like these just as someone has said, makes me look like... i cant even call my self a "rookie" compared to you.

Cheers

9. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    What a nice compliment, thank you very much.

10. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Love it! Your shots have really got me itching to try some long exposure work.

11. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    Your work with the little EPL-1 is super inspiring. I'm glad you know people with such nice cars!

12. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Great work! Especially liked the first two. The narrower DoF in shot 2 works really well.

Keep it up! :2thumbs: