a few Corvette's shot in darkness with the E-PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, May 3, 2012.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    still learning... and again, the 14mm is noisy, the 20mm is much better for pitch darkness shots... the last 2 shots of the red vette used the 14mm..

I love the 14, but for this type of setting, the 20mm is the better choice.

vt-1.

vt-2.

vt-3.

vt-4.

vt-5.

vt-6.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DizzyV6P

DizzyV6P Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Maryland
    Once again, awesome shots! I like these better than the Dodge ;) 

Only critique would be the water/manhole/electrical cover next to the tires in pictures 3 and 4.

You could sell a few cars with your pictures...LOL.

3. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Nice job again, photographically, I still think the black on black look of the other set has more impact.

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez

you're right about that damn manhole thingie, didn't notice it much in the darkness...

here is a image shot with my Sony Alpha 65 SLT, this one was a 20 second exposure, light painting the car in the rear, turning off light, running to the car in front, light painting with the led torch, then running off frame..

after 5 attempts, one got a good workout...heh, capture images and lose weight at the same time!

corvettes-night-7.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Once again, these images are amazeballs! :2thumbs: I love how you state that you're "still learning" and then drop these awesome shots.

First off, I like the subjects here much more than the Caliber you shot the other day. Second, I keep waiting for the ghost of LittleMT to show up in one of these, but I haven't found it yet.

Third, I have a technical question on how you're using the torch. The shadows underneath the cars seem to indicate that you're down-lighting them. Are you holding the torch up high and pointing it down on the vehicles?

Is that a person I see in the rear quarter panel of shot #3 just below the side light?

For someone who JUST got into :43:, the things you're doing are inspiring.

6. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    You are correct sir, I like holding the torch up high and aiming down, or down lighting them as you say, that might be a person in the rear quarter panel, I can't tell, chances are it is, probably the owner of the car. There is little things like this where improvement can be had, as well as the camera itself. I have convinced myself that the Panny 14mm which I love for its angles, isn't a good choice for pitch darkness and light painting. It will work, but the faster 20mm is superior in this regard. I have the score the 25mm prime now and give that a go. I am awaiting delivery today of my new 7.5mm fisheye...hope to have fun with that one....As soon as I find a Silver OM-D body, or even with the 12-50mm, I'll buy it, and I will have a lens collection of primes in place, to hopefully take even better night shots.

7. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Here is the ghost of my hubby, long exposure fun, shooting my twin turbo GTO...

gtolightpaint51.

8. Peezie

Peezie Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2011
    Toronto
    wow these are fantastic. I like the impact of the dodge one just because or the darker image and seeing more of just the silhouette. Either way calling your self a begginer and dropping pitures like these just as someone has said, makes me look like... i cant even call my self a "rookie" compared to you.

Cheers

9. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    What a nice compliment, thank you very much.

10. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Love it! Your shots have really got me itching to try some long exposure work.

11. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    Your work with the little EPL-1 is super inspiring. I'm glad you know people with such nice cars!

12. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Great work! Especially liked the first two. The narrower DoF in shot 2 works really well.

Keep it up! :2thumbs:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.