A Drive To Work

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Dink, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Dink

Dink Mu-43 Rookie

May 22, 2011
    Australia
    I am lucky enough to live pretty much on the coast. My occasional, rainy day, drive to work takes me along it for the majority of the way.
    I am making a conscious effort to have a camera with me in the car whenever I drive so I don't miss those great opportunity shots budding photographers such as myself sometimes lament missing.
    A M4/3 system, coupled with a Sony NEX, makes that aim very easy to accomplish.
    I have been able to get some images that I would otherwise have missed. It made me feel less guilty about being soft and skipping my push bike ride to work due to a little winter rain and wind :redface:

At least one person on the forum will recognise this building straight away. It is located in a very wealthy suburb in Perth and many, many people come down at all times of the day to swim near it.
    Panasonic GF-2, 7-14@14mm, f8, ISO200

Indiana Tea House Sunrise I by evilDink, on Flickr

I love to see people out exercising their dogs. I don't care whether it is a simple walk around the block or a trip to the beach for a swim. You can see the dogs love it. This is taken at a dog beach that is always popular.
    Panasonic GF-2, 7-14@14mm, f6.3, ISO100

Walking the Dog by evilDink, on Flickr

The weather forecast was for apocalyptic winds and rain (the local TV channels have a bad habit of sensational reporting at times) I got up nice and early to come out and take some storm pictures. The weather didn't eventuate but as I was heading back to the car, this appeared.
    turned into a double rainbow as well. Definitely one of those moments.
    Panasonic GF-2, 7-14mm@7mm, f7.1, ISO200

Storm Rainbow by evilDink, on Flickr

I downloaded a trial of the Nik Silver Efex 2 to have a play around with. I am a fan of black and white and one of the things that I like about the M4/3 system is its size and ability to handhold one of these cameras for slower shutter speed images. I tried this as black and white due to the mixed temperature light at that time of the day and it is far better than it would be as a colour image, in my opinion.
    Panasonic GF-2, 7-14@7mm, f4, 1/13th, ISO400
    20110624_KSL_0365-Edit.

I hope you enjoy my drive to work as much as I do somedays.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Great, I really like the sky textures in the second image. Unfortunately my drive to work is as dull as dishwater.

3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I enjoyed your drive to work dink. Liked your story as well.

But gee whiz man, that rainbow is something special.

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Beautiful set dink, dramatic lighting in number one is my favorite.

Very very lovely. I enjoyed everyone of them.

Alan

5. Flagg

Flagg Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2011
    Apeldoorn, Netherlands
    beautiful drive to work, and very good captured.

2nd one is my favorite.

I would prolly never get to work.:redface:

6. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Like them all, but the last one is really good.

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    That second one is marvelous. All of them are very well done. Wish I could make images like that.

8. petach

petach Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    all of a sudden.....I am not satisfied with my drive to work. Lovely !

9. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm surprised you make it to work. Why not just take pictures?