1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A Day trip to Galilee

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by elavon, Sep 20, 2012.

1. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    On Jewish new year vacation I went for a day trip on the West of Galilee with my new Rokinon 7.5mm.
    I have started shooting the pictures in the harsh noon sun and I was expecting for some flare. The Rokinon proved to be almost flare free.
    The pictures have been taken in the two nature reserve on typical sunny hot day.

[​IMG]

Wasp feast on Drimia flowers
    P1050408.

Some tilt shift filter in Lightroom
    P1050419.

An old tree
    P10504281.

P1050452.

Just before going down
    P1050446.

No Fear
    P10504601.

This dog does abseiling
    P1050477.

• Like Like x 9
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Thanks for sharing these. The fisheye definitely increases the 'fun' factor! You might also experiment with decreasing saturation and contrast. I think the compositions are bold enough that they speak well for themselves - so perhaps the extra dose of color isn't as necessary.

DH

3. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Dara thanks for the comments, in the first two photos I have used a graduate filter on the sky to boost the blue, do you suggest that I will omit it.
    The last four pictures of the cave I have not touched the colors these are the natural color I got from the sun.
    Do you recommend that I will tone them down?
    The tilt shift and the tree I have boosted on purpose they have looked quite dull in the natural form.
    Attached are the two pictures untouched.
    I will be happy to get some advice how to work them better.

Thanks,
    Ehud

P1050428-2.
    P1050419-2.

4. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    I especially love the blue sky in the first photo.

nice set. Seems you had a nice trip.

5. stingx

stingx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Weird, NJ
    Hugh Douche
    Very good images. Thanks for posting these.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Nice shots! I've stayed away from that lens because of the (natural) distortion of a fisheye lens but it was not very obvious in most of these shots. Did you crop the center or use lens correction? The first two in particular don't appear to have any of the bending/rounding that Iwould expect.

7. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Thank you all for your kind words.
    I did not crop or de-fished these shots, I consider this lens as my UWA lens.
    At first I wanted to get the Oly 9-8 as my UWA lens, but during my research I have discovered this blog post Micro 4/3rds Photography: Lumix G 7-14mm compared with Samyang 7.5mm fisheye.
    Looking at the price difference I bought it as my UWA and use de-fish when needed.
    The trick using this as UWA without de-fish is to keep the horizon level and stay away from straight lines. Doing this two tricks and this lens distortion is unnoticeable.
    I am very happy with this lens, it give me the UWA with the twist of the fish eye.
    I hardly touch the focus because of the big DOf (In the second shot I have missed the focus a bit:wink:).
    In the photo bellow you can see the horizon bending and the fence line get little distorted.
    P1050600.

The picture bellow is de-fished in order to get the monuments straight, and cropped in order to remove the distortion at the edges. I assume the remaining angle of view is similar to the 7mm.
    P1050539-Edit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Thanks, I would love to have an UWA lens and this is pretty reasonable in terms of price. I just may have to get one. :rolleyes: (GAS again!!)