1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A day out with Fuji X100 :)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys .. I am joining the growing number of MFT users who love Fuji more than any other cameras. Apart from stunning and beautiful images , Fuji cameras are beautifully built and they feel very tactile and gives you immense pleasure . I used silver Fuji X100 before but sold it to pick up limited edition black version recently .
    Today I took this Fuji for a spin to Ethihad stadium for Good Friday Appeal festivals . Please do comment on images . I am happy to answer any questions.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

DSCF2370.

DSCF2396.

DSCF2528.

DSCF2410.
    DSCF2444.
    DSCF2495.

DSCF2520.

DSCF2558.

DSCF2531.

DSCF2563.

DSCF2598.

DSCF2625.

DSCF2590.
    DSCF2628.

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    X100 makes you smile

Wow, great set of images that show the true capability and imaging power of this camera in the right hands, you have certainly made those colours sing.

I can only offer this B&W shot from today, I was driving home after taking photos of some trees and came up behind this really old car - raised the X100 and took the shot through the windscreen.

Out_for_a_run.

3. Bhupinder2002

Hi Ian
    Thanks a lot :smile:
    This is an awesome image :2thumbs::2thumbs:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I had several Fuji cameras before switching to :43:, I've always liked their colors. That being said, I think Olympus colors are comparable. With all that I have invested in :43: I'm not even tempted. You did get some beautiful photos. :cool:

5. Bhupinder2002

Hi Bob .. I fully agree with you . I think olympus is the best camera as far as WB and OOC JPEGS go and now OMD has taken the whole system to a new height . The more I use any other camera , more I appreciate my little OMD which is far more capable than me and infact many other photographers who thinK OMD and MFT format is less capable . I will soon write a review of OMD - Like long term ownership kind of review . :2thumbs:
    cheers
    Bhupinder

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    x100 is an excellent camera to have on hand when you want to enjoy an event rather than get all wrapped up in the shooting of the event...:smile:

7. Bhupinder2002

I agree. I like its simple and sexy looks . I think AF issue is no more concern as this one shoots quite faster .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    congrats Bhupinder!. great images been following your X100 snaps on instagram as well!. I just joined the club OMD + X100s FTW!

9. Bhupinder2002

Hi Chris ..I am wondering how are u going with ur X100s?
    Cheers

10. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Hi Bhupinder, im doing alright with the x100s, the camera is definitely better than the previous model, but still quite quirky and temperamental. Evf turns to noise whick blocks the whole camera, battery is almost an insult for a camera like these, doesnt last not even a whole afternoon, metering is weird and changing metering from one scene to another (say from inside a car to outside the car, the evf turns white and takes 2-3sec to get new readings, unless you half press the shutter that makes it inmediate) ....but for some reason reason im simply loving the images im getting from it, im almost done with my trip to patagonia, so next week will hopefully get some images to share!

11. Pecos

Pecos Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    The Natural State
    Bhupinder, beautiful images, indeed.
    I'd be interested if anyone who has both the x100(s) and E-M5 could post comparable shots with each camera - JPG out of the camera for a color comparison. I shoot JPG mostly. I know, I know...

12. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    Not JPGs, but here are two unedited RAW files taken moments apart with my OMD and X100. Both are handheld, same aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Framing is slightly different, but same basic shot.

I am apparently unable to take a photograph with a level horizon so the only adjustments to either of these photos is to have straightened the horizon. You're welcome, hehe. :p

The OMD file is warmer than the X100 in this shot (5550K vs 4800K). The OMD's white balance and tonality is closer to what I saw at that moment.

Attached Files:

13. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hmmm... The image output of the OM-D in your jpeg looks indistinguishable from the X100 (other than the color temp differences noted) despite it's considerably larger sensor... :thumbup: How do the RAW files look?

Thanks for sharing.

14. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Denis
    It is closer than I suspected, yes. Between the two, there's a bit of microdetail lost in the tree trunk in the center of the frame and elsewhere. However, I don't remember where the AF point was located for either shot, now. There's also a bit more noise at base ISO in the OM-D's files than with the X100.

The X100 is a fantastic camera as the OP's photos clearly show.

15. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I also have the OMD & X100 and love them both, when I want to travel very light and stick with 1 lens and a fairly inconspicuous camera I will take the X100 - I jut love it's size, weight, build and output and since the last firmware update, AF speed has increased a great deal.

The slower AF and tactile dial setup of the X100 does make me plan my shots further in advance and reminds me very much of my days with leica M's but, if I want small, fast and flexible then I choose the OMD.

The output from both is superb and in some cases the OMD produces better results than the X100 but not around & above 3200 when the Fuji wins - I do only shoot Raw in both.

16. Bhupinder2002

17. Bhupinder2002

Thanks Ian.. I second this . Though I sold my LE black X100 , I am hunting for one again .
    Cheers