1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

A day out in France, a short gallery

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by timallenphoto, Jun 24, 2011.

1. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Morning all. On Wednesday this week I went through Eurotunnel with the car to relive some old memories, or at least try to. Anyway, I gave the Pen a good workout. A few early shots are 20mm pancake but rest are Oly 14-42. Still learning Lightroom!

http://timallenphoto.co.uk/galleries/France-June-2011/

• Like Like x 6
  2. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    a great location, and some great pics, Tim !

If you're into B/W pics, did you look at the LR plugin from NIK ?
    Silver Efex Pro does miracles to your B/W pics !!!!

Take a look here : https://www.mu-43.com/f74/show-nik-software-silver-efex-pro-11474/

Available with a discount through this forum, too !!!

Have a nice day,
    Rafael

3. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Thank you. Yes I have tried SEfex before and although it's quite impressive it's very expensive in my opinion and so far I've found some great mono presets for Lr which I'm tweaking where necessary to get the look I like.

4. petach

petach Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    Tres Bon

A very, very nice set Tim. You can smell the garlic and the Marie Brizzard coming off the screen. Completely and utterly redolent of the France I know and love. my Dad was born in Camiers between Boulogne and Etaples (Grandpa helped build the Lutyens designed war cemetery). We holidayed there every summer in the 60's and I return every year for my dose of the paysage and bocage and that ceretain je ne sais quois? Cracking journal mate!

5. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the very kind words :)

6. A very nice series of images and a great little photographic travel diary. If I could express a personal preference and in no way claiming to represent the majority view, for such a long series of images I would have liked to have seen some more forms of presentation other than clean-cut black and white, even if it was just some shown in colour. But other than that, great work!

7. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Valid point, the odd burst of colour may have improved it.

8. Gazinauz

Gazinauz New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi, from Gazinauz, enjoyed photos so different to where I live in Australia, cheers

9. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Funny thing is how different it is to my home country which is only 20 miles away! The Eurotunnel is an amazing thing, drive the car on, wait 35 minutes and drive off in France, brilliant.

10. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Great set. You've really pictured the spirit of the northern coastline. Funnily enough, as a French, I always feel this part of the country has been strongly influenced by the many Brits who travel there, and to me it is reminiscent of the southern part of England (Dover etc.)

Cheers,

11. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Dover is on our list for the project me and my friend are working on at the moment :)