A couple of quick PL1 shots

Discussion in 'Nature' started by dcisive, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    as there were some new flowers blooming on the property this week. I've been more and more impressed with what the kit lens can do when pressed into service. It's not half bad.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    So I take it your happy with the outfit.....?

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Beautiful flowers - that first one is my favorite. This is the 14-42?

4. kskumar

kskumar Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 4, 2010
    Malaysia
    I love the color tones. In camera or did you process with some other software to get these colors ?

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Your first image is first class dcisive, the rest are also excellent!

As usual, a picture is worth a thousand critics :wink:

Cheers

Brian

6. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Wow very nice the reds POP lucky I had sun glasses on :rofl:

7. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    I am awaiting the soon to be released and free Olympus software that is supposed to eclipse the other previous software like Studio 2 and the others. I read they are releasing this in May for download and it's free. Until then I am using the free software called "Irfanview" available at IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide. It has plug-in's offered as a 2nd download that will read the ORF files. I just take those into the Irfanview program, resize-resample to 70% and add one hit of his sharpening. And Voila' it is a perfect image. No dinking around necessary. The PL1's files are a dream to work with as they require so little messing around. I also have Photoshop CS5 on order and should receive it the 1st week in May. Otherwise I don't need no other stinkin software :) Ironically I can even use my Nikon NX2 after the image has been converted.

8. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Camellia

EPL1, kit lens, 'P' mode
    Lugas_19.JPG