1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A couple of pics from Toodyay

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Whit68, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Whit68

Whit68 New to Mu-43

Jun 5, 2011
    Took these with my EPL-1 and an old Yashica 28mm lens.

Still getting my head around this whole photography thing so let me know what you think.

regards
    Anthony

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hi Anthony,

I like your post office shot the best. Good point-of-view and well centered. If I was to make one suggestion, it is that I think both images would benefit from an increase in contrast and sharpness either in-camera or in post processing. It's possible that the Yashica isn't a very contrasty lens, which is not uncommon when using older lenses on a digital camera.

3. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Agree with Luckypenguin, both photos look a little flat. Nice images though. PO works better than the mill but maybe you could try a side shot.
    Regards,

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Agree with Nic. re PP and contrast.

When I shoot my 28mm I do have to punch up the sharpness a tad.

I too like the PO shot best of the two, but the Mill shot has a nice old timey feel to it. Like an old fashioned documentary image.

Alan

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I like the post office shot, but it does seem kinda soft. I always seem to shoot buildings in an angle, my personal taste. Thanks for sharing you shots.

PS I really like the color splash on the mill :)

6. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Actually I think the relative low contrast gives it that nice old fashioned look. Looks like a scan of a picture made long ago when black and white was the only option. :smile:

7. Whit68

Whit68 New to Mu-43

Jun 5, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll play with the contrast and see what it looks like.