A couple of fly images: any good?

Discussion in 'Nature' started by relic, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    I would very much appreciate critical feedback (what is wrong or how do I improve my images?) Many thanks!

[​IMG].

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    That's a very nice macro shot and one I would have been proud to have taken. Nice and sharp across most of the subject and nice lighting.

However - you said "a couple" - where's the other one? We demand to know ;)

3. relic

Oct 21, 2010
    Paul, thank you very much for your kind comment. I am glad you thought it was good. I was wondering if the fact that the left wing was out of focus was a problem for a macro image of this kind. It was on the outside of a window, and I tried to take the picture before it flew away.
    My apologies for the missing second image: I don't know why it doesn't show. Here it is. In both images the details of the compound eyes are not visible, and I was wondering if they would be too small to show even at the magnification of the first image? Thank you again for the feedback.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    My feedback would be that as with most photography, composition, framing and lighting are what attracts a viewer as opposed to technical details

Macro is really hard... not sure what lens you are using... but it will always be frustrating

K

5. relic

Oct 21, 2010
    Thank you very much for your feedback, and especially for the links. I do lack the 'eye' and I hope that by viewing your images repeatedly I may begin to develop a rudimentary one.