1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A country church in B&W

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by moho, Sep 9, 2010.

1. moho

moho Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2010
    P6180290.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 8
  2. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    That is such a clean crisp sharp shot. I know you use a Oly E-P1 but what lens do you use? I have seen some of your Flickr shots and they are also super crisp! What's your secret??????:smile:

3. moho

moho Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks for those very kind comments, Andy.
    This shot was taken with the 14-42 kit lens, but I also now own the Olympus 14-54 MK2 & the Panasonic 20 1.7.

I'm sometimes accused of "oversharpening"........so I'm trying to be more careful lately :smile:
    I only use Picasa for PP............works for me:smile:

Other than that........I have no "secret"................some just turn out better than others :thumbup:

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Really like this one, too, mo ho and I think whatever it is you did works perfectly with this story book church. Love that sky behind that brilliantly bright white church!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Nice! One of my favorite subjects are old churches.

• Like Like x 1
  6. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    So are your shots taken on a tripod/monopod or were they hand held? I don't think I have ever seen such high quality images from a E-P1 before!

7. moho

moho Mu-43 Regular

Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks very much, Andy. All my shots so far have been hand held. It's the E-PL1 that I have IO seems to work pretty well for me though :) 
    I appreciated your very much comments................moho.

8. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nice composition love the foreground.

• Like Like x 1
  9. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice composition and it has the successful use of bright whites and dark blacks for a nice range (one of the key components in B&W shots imo). Cool shot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Very crisp B&W

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.