A comparison of the 3 Sigma Art Lenses: 19mm/30mm/60mm f2.8 Art

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by JoFT, Dec 13, 2015.

1. JoFT

JoFT Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 11, 2014
    Sigma has a pretty nice lens product range especially for µ43. It is the cheapest way to buy new prime lenses which are really good - with a compromise in the lens speed.

I have written most of the content in my blog:

µ43 for Photographic Beginners Part 6: The comparison of the Sigma´s

Here my verdict:
    Who ever is looking for a prime lens on µ43-cameras: all 3 are good lenses - and they give you value for money. Thank You Sigma!!!

Thes do suffer a bit due to there limitation in bokehliciousness due to f2.8 as fastest aperture value. But this is relative. They all have bokeh and the bokeh is nice!!! But especially for the beginners it is maybe easier to have a lens which allows you to separate from the background But the knife to do is is not that sharp that it hurts sometimes. (Especially if there are autofocusing like with my Sigma f1.4 85mm on a full frame body.)

That´s interesting: If you are a prime lens shooter or going to become one: The 19mm and 60mm are a great combo, following the philosophy :all you need is a 35mm and a 135mm lens... A kind of classical set up....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    I find you thoughts right on. However, I tend to shot zooms in the wide open spaces and fixed in the city. My favorite "pocket kit" is the EP5 (no EVF) the Pany 14mm / GWC1 and Sigma 30mm - lots of bang for the buck and beautiful images. The very best thing is that used these lenses are "dirt" cheap. So even if you are a zoom guy (and I have a 12-35mm) it allows one to have a very nice set of primes.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pmon

pmon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    "All you need is a 35mm and a 135mm" ... agreed having Oly 17mm and sigma 60mm, great combo for travel but with all those thread on lens trinity I started to feel discriminated and today I ordered the 30mm
    • Like Like x 1