A comment on the Gallery

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Robert Spoecker, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Robert Spoecker

Robert Spoecker Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2010
    I enjoy going to the Gallery very much but very often I see two or three thumbnails I would like to see enlarged.

I enlarge it and go back to see the second image I was interested in and it's gone.

Can that behavior be altered by choice or should I peruse all these images some other way?

PS to all the mods and all my fellow forum users. It is awesome

:bravo-009: :thumbup: :2thumbs: :clap2: :yahoo: :dance4:

(ok, I wanted to use some of the neat modicoms)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Hi Robert

I like your portrait and I envy your beard!!:bravo-009:
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Robert, unfortunately that behavior cannot be altered. Each time you visit the page, it gives you a random assortment. I could set it to diaply the most recent instead of random, but then you'd never see the older photos.

The way I take care of this issue is to use a tabbed browsed (Firefox) and use a middle (scroll wheel) mouse click on each thumbnail that interests me, which opens them each on a separate tab without refreshing (scrambling) the gallery.
  4. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    by using my back button on the browser it takes
    me back to the same pix..... in Firefox.
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I've gotten into the habit of looking above the photo I've clicked on and noting the person's name and usually just jump right into their album/s from there.

The one thing I sometimes wish was that there was a way to know if the owner of the album replied to a questioned posed...but the only way I know to find out is to try to remember whose album and which picture I posted on..and then go back in. This is only frustrating to me because I often forget to check back.:redface:

P.S. Yes, the old back button is a good one and works just fine on Safari.:thumbup:
  6. Robert Spoecker

Robert Spoecker Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2010

I bet you didn,t know that this administrator job required you to teach computer skills to the forum members :rofl: .

I use Safari and right clicking and choosing the open in new tab works great.

Thanks for pointing me there. :bravo-009:

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

Something I just discovered is that if you click on the Gallery tab at the very top right, it will take you to a "Randomly Selected Albums Pictures" - however from there if you click on "Albums" on the left side, you'll get a listing of the Recently Updated Albums, which is very handy.:biggrin:

If there's a faster way, inquiring minds want to know.
  8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Not an answer BB, but I've also noticed there's a "View Albums" link to the top right of each member's post... that's a nice shortcut to see what's been posted by the person.

9. BBW

Right, I know about that Brian but I thought it was a really nice option to see all of the recently updated albums because it brought some that I'd never even seen before. Just another plus for keeping the old eyes open to new stuff.
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thar's one of the things I covered here :wink:.
    • Like Like x 1