1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

A bit of rock-climbing in Vagabond shoes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by JohnMetsn, May 10, 2011.

1. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Hi :biggrin:

This weekend I went to the north of Czech republic with my friends to enjoy nature around our cottage. I do enjoy hiking and light rock climbing, but my only suitable shoes broke down just before going, so I took my second most comfortable shoes...my street shoes from Vagabond (4th picture). Not really ideal for rock climbing, but it was surely worth the view :smile:

taken with GF1+20mm f1.7
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I've certainly seen more suitable rock climbing shoes than those :eek:

Lovely views

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I love the scenery Ondrej.

Do you get extra points for degree of difficulty wearing street shoes and lugging a camera bag?

Cheers, Alan

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey mate. Is you're name John or Ondrej? I'm confused.

That there is some mighty salubrious scenery. Good stuff.

Taking street fashion to the hills 'eh.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks :smile: I'm sure that its maker didn't expect me to take them there...but they were not all bad...at least walking on the top was quite classy :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: I wish it was a camera bag. But I was lazy to take my other lens with me, so this was just cheap GAP bag with GF1+20mm in it. That means I needed to be super careful not to hit anywhere. But my camera bag is more bulky and doesn't fit my outfit that well :wink:

Sure, not that big difference from the city jungle anyway :wink:

As for my name...it's even more difficult. My first name is Ondřej and I believe you would have some difficulties to pronounce it. That's why my internet friends call me Ondrej. For the rest of the internet I'm John Metsn from the first time I connected to the net (BBS when I was 4 years old :biggrin:). You can call me Ondrej :smile:

6. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Ondrej - great scenery! Looks like the Bastei in Germany. The third shot be the cover of a CD with a little PP LOL!

7. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

You fascinate me again John!! You and your great eyes and memory :smile: You're surely right, the first picture is a view of Bastei. It's in a national park which is half German and half Czech. We call it České Švýcarsko (aka Czech Switzerland :smile:).

The Czech side is famous for Pravčická brána (aka Prebischtor)...I don't have wide enough lens to put it in one picture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the German side for Bašta (Bastei)
    [​IMG]

All pictures taken at the same day.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yeah I think I'll have many difficulties in pronouncing Ondrej with the little squiggle above the 'r'. But it's easy to type on the keyboard.:smile:

Those extra pictures you added are really amazing. Such an interesting place, I think I should visit one day.

The perspective on the one with the building and the rock on the right side is a classic.

I went to have look at the other ones with your fashionable shoes but they've been pulled. Looks as though image shack isn't playing the game.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I appear to have a knack for recalling photos from your country because the handful of days that I spent there were so scenic and not easily forgotten! The rock formations of the Bastei bear a striking resemblance to the formations in the American Southwest - Utah, Arizona, etc - except that it is green instead of red and sandstone desert. A beautiful area.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

It seems I forgot a bit about this thread, I'm sorry about that.

Those pictures should be back, so you can check my shoes again :wink:

With the amazing nature in Australia, I'm quite sure there are many beautiful places to see :smile: But if you'll ever get to the other side of the globe, I would be happy to show you around a bit :smile:

I was really thinking how could you know it so surely, as there are so many places similar to that one. For instance, these two pictures are from another place in Czech republic, called Prachovske skaly, which is not even close to the border, but somewhat similar...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1