A bit of market research.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by anthonyrc, Jan 26, 2015.

1. anthonyrc

anthonyrc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    A while back to amuse myself I made a couple of viewfinders to use on my GF2 from optics retrieved from old film compacts with 28 and 35mm lenses grafted onto hotshoes. The results were rather ugly and I thought about how I could make something a bit better. I recently managed to print the first prototype here.

https://www.polaroidblipfoto.com/entry/2005300488244824292

It has a bigger and brighter view than any of the OEM accessory viewfinders I've tried at about 66% magnification. I'm looking into getting a batch made if there was enough interest, black though unless red is requested :biggrin: Also could supply the shell to someone wanting a DIY option. I have a list of suitable doner cameras which are still plentiful at boot sales and charity shops. I don't think I will be opening a factory in Shengzen, just a little boutique home workshop operation. As such I will be able to take on one off versions mounting unusual optics or fittings for the hotshoe-less eg Velcro onto a curved top. What do you think?

Tony

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.