A bag for E-PL2 and 2 lenses and little else?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RobertS, Feb 23, 2013.

1. RobertS

RobertS Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    I'm looking for a camera bag with a couple specific requirements.
    1) Must be as small as necessary.
    2) Must hold a E-PL2 with 40-150mm attached, AND a 14-42mm lens stored.
    Also the E-PL2 with 14-42mm attached and 40-150mm stored.
    3) Prefer a shoulder bag.
    4) Must allow for access when on the fly.
    5) Just a little additional room for batteries and mem. cards

That's all I require. Just needs to only large enough for these requirements, yet with easy access. I'll research any and all suggestions. Thanks much.
  2. psu_13

psu_13 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2013
  3. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    Look at the cheap camcorder bags. I have a CaseLogic. It's no Domke, but it works, fits, and was cheap.
  4. RobertS

RobertS Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    Can you get the model number for your CL bag? I currently work part/time in a store that sells that brand of bag. I have looked for bags, but have not found a bag that can handle the configuration of camera body and lenses BOTH ways. Thanks
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I like and use Tamrac bags. Their Rally Micro or Rally 2 look to be the best fit for your requirements. The Aria bags are similar size but styled for the ladies{I assume from your name that you are guy!}. The Aero 40 might also work for you. If you want to add a tablet{ala iPad} to the mix then the Zuma 3 would be the one. Good luck.
  6. cmpatti

cmpatti Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I have a Crumpler 3 million dollar home that I use for a similar set up. Very nicely made bag, but a bit expensive.
  7. Huelight

Huelight Mu-43 Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Retrospective 5....

My m4/3 bag of choice!
  8. vcs700s

vcs700s Mu-43 Regular

Jan 9, 2013
    Lowepro Event Messenger 100.
  9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    DOMKE 5-XA. If that's all you want to carry it's small and effective.
  10. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
  11. XB

+1 for the Domke F-5XB. Gear for the last trip was a GF-1 +LVF, 14-45mm, 45-200mm and 20mm. Room for cleaning kit & couple spare batteries. Sometimes a bit of fumbling around. Depended on which lens switch combo was required. With a two lens kit no juggling issue. Relatively minimalist bag. Light in weight, light padding. Rugged zipper and flap cover velcro. Bit overkill on the Velcro. Simple fix is some diy silencers. I chose the olive colored bag. The Domke name tag blends in.
  12. onlyonearrow

onlyonearrow New to Mu-43

Jan 23, 2013
    I use a Crumpler Jackpack 1500 with my GX1 + 14-42 + 45-150.
    Lenses fit both ways, although it's a close fit with the 45-150 attached to the camera.
    Front pocket has space for spare battery, lens caps, filters etc.

Link here: Jackpack 1500 - Crumpler

Not sure if this bag is available in USA though, when I check the Crumpler US website
  13. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Lowpro Streamline 100 sounds like it would fit the bill. I like that style of bag, personally. It feels good to carry and use. It's very similar to my favorite, which is a lesser-known brand (I always favor the small manufacturers):

14. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    To me, easy access means a bag needs to be somewhat larger than is necessary to carry the load. There's something nice about having space for fingers and hands to be when pulling gear out of erstwhile tight quarters. Else, it's about extracting lenses with fingertips and that's no fun when your walking around on concrete or at the edge of a pier.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. xmsnx

xmsnx Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2012
  16. rich.smith

rich.smith Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 21, 2011
    +1 for the Lowepro Streamline 100. Just picked one up for a GX1 and lenses. May be a tight fit with the larger lens mounted so I'd check one out in person if you can.
  17. mintchoco

mintchoco Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I got the Kata lite 431. It's perfect for a pen and one or two pancakes.

I really like the Kata build. They don't seem to be very popular here? Seems everyone is all over Think Tank and Domke.
  18. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    I'm all for the domke F-5xa. Great small bag.

Just a hobbyist.