A B&W shot from the GF1

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by andyw, Jun 23, 2010.

1. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Lens used was a Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.7

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/4725680006/" title="Konica_40mm_Train_GF1_800pix by andywest1, on Flickr">"800" height="600" alt="Konica_40mm_Train_GF1_800pix" /></a>

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Nice one Andy,
    What happened to the White Angel praytell?

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Very cool, Andy...very film noire!

Yes, where is that little lady, or was she just waiting in the wings?

• Like Like x 1
  4. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Ahhh ..yes..erm well...erm.....

I sold it so I could get another GF1 which I must admit I prefer. Ok it's a bit of a brick but I love the menu system and functionality which suits me. The results are very close for quality but the GF1 has the edge in my opinion. I do love it to bits!!:biggrin:

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Andy,
    Would you mind explaining what you like/dislike between the 2 cameras. I have the Pen 1&2 and am thinking about getting a GF1...
    Just wondering from a user that had both....
    Shooter

6. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Well i found the Pen1 to be a nice design, built well and produce good quality results but the menu system was a bit annoying. For example if i wanted to do exposure bracketing i would have to dive into the menu rather than flick a switch which is all you need to do on the GF1.

The GF1 in my opinion gives better quality images slightly and is just more intuitive to use, in fact it's a joy to use, so simple with everything to hand. The Auto focus is lightning fast compared to the Oly too. Even though it feels and looks like a brick i just look at the Gf1 and my heart melts a little!

7. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Amen to that.

8. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Andy
    Nice shot. Great timing to deliver the composition.

I share your views on the interface of the GF1. I love the Pens too - but for my uses, and my way of working, the controls of the GF1 are spot on. I am sure others say the same for the pens, and a lot comes down to your own habits and comfort levels.

• Like Like x 1
  9. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    Absolutely. At the end of the day they are all bloody wonderful cameras!:biggrin:

10. Mungozan

Mungozan Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2010
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    The "touch and feel" was a reason I chose GF-1 over the two Olys.. Although my experience was based on one trip "touch and feel" fieldtrip to a camera store which had them all...

Thats a nice nocturnal shot, btw..

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    prix photographe mariage

GF1 in my opinion gives better quality images slightly and is just more intuitive to use, in fact it's a joy to use, Superb and nice shot, its menu system and functionality was too good and smooth, i really just like it.