A analog kit for developing digital photos... :O

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JensM, Jun 21, 2016.

1. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    Bound to happen, I gather...

{{header.title || 'Bokeh by DigitalRev - Focus on photography'}}

From the article:
    "As ubiquitous as photography has become in an era of smartphones, the simpler the process has become to take photographs, the less we seem to be printing. Photos lurk on hard drives, laptops and phones, while we pray that they won’t be lost to malfunction or technological obsolescence. As photographer and blogger Missy Mwac put it, “50 years from now, the most photographed generation in history will have no photos.”
    • Like Like x 1
  2. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    And considering how many of the photos being taken are duckface selfies, I'm not sure I have a problem with that.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Clever tool for rich hobbyists... who am I kidding I'd probably buy one if it were available for say $100. I wonder if the smartphone doesn't hold back the overall system (resolution is never going to get better than the amount of pixels in your display... not sure how that translates to a print vs DPI in a traditional printer) and the clicking of the fingers bit is certainly odd.
  4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I just think it is a bit ironic to suggest that the solution to this is a toy kit that will get used twice rather than a simple wireless inkjet printer.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. JensM

JensM Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2016
    Oslo(ish), Norway
    As screename
    It has a rather hipster vibe, I think...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

TheMenWhoDrawSheeps Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    Hm, this must be preatty weird hipster.

There are classy hipsters, which have Polaroid. More recent ones have instax. The lazy Version gets a instax printer connected to iPhone.
    And there are some Hardcore with holgas and other on the loose, which develop film in shops and barely use cellphones... At least in the public.%)
    So we need some mixing done.)

On other hand there are plenty guys adapting retro lenses - and if not for the price, they could attract plenty new customers.)

Sent from my D5503 using Mu-43 app
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. thegimprider

thegimprider Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2016
    Douglas Coulter
    I would take an art class that offered 4X5 view camera followed by access to a darkroom and printing lab just for the chance to make a few images start to finish again.
    How many people really use the features now on modern camera's? Most pros specialize and the lucky ones have specialized tools. In mft we have affordable equipment to capture any image one can imagine, it is easy to just the let the camera do all the work while we simply aim and compose. Our understanding of light, exposure, iso can grow rusty. Like riding an electric bicycle it is easy to get lazy.
    Little risk that full auto camera market is going to end but I want a camera with less than 4 knobs/buttons and a quality single function printer.
    I have file cabinets full of old negatives and CD photo discs with great images never printed