1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

A&A ACAM 301 on OM-D E-M5 Lugs?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Pyro451, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Anyone have a suggestion for protecting the black body OM-D E-M5 from abrasion from the split rings of the A&A ACAM 301?

I love this strap on the OM-D, but the split rings do contact the upper body. I am concerned about chipping over time.

2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Get a shoe maker/repairer or someone who works in leather to cut you 2 discs of thin leather, a bit larger diameter than the rings on your strap, and to punch a hole in the centre of each of them a fraction larger in diameter than the height of the lug on the camera body. Slip a disc of leather over each lug and then clip the split ring of the strap in each lug. You will have a disc of leather between the split ring and camera body to protect the camera body.

A&A use a similar technique with their wrist strap which I have, except the leather piece is actually part of the strap itself, and the split ring sits on top of it.

3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I just cut thin strips of duct-tape and wrap them around the metal split rings.

Looks a little daggy on close inspection but it does the job.

4. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Thanks for the suggestions.

We do have a leather shop in town. I may have to go that route.

I tried to thread a piece of clear silicone tubing around the split ring with no success.

I just can't bring myself to put duct tape on that strap and this camera (yet).

5. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Perfect. Email sent to Gordy.

These are much nicer than my paracord solution (pics later). :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.