A&A ACAM 301 on OM-D E-M5 Lugs?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Pyro451, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Anyone have a suggestion for protecting the black body OM-D E-M5 from abrasion from the split rings of the A&A ACAM 301?

I love this strap on the OM-D, but the split rings do contact the upper body. I am concerned about chipping over time.

2. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Get a shoe maker/repairer or someone who works in leather to cut you 2 discs of thin leather, a bit larger diameter than the rings on your strap, and to punch a hole in the centre of each of them a fraction larger in diameter than the height of the lug on the camera body. Slip a disc of leather over each lug and then clip the split ring of the strap in each lug. You will have a disc of leather between the split ring and camera body to protect the camera body.

A&A use a similar technique with their wrist strap which I have, except the leather piece is actually part of the strap itself, and the split ring sits on top of it.

3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I just cut thin strips of duct-tape and wrap them around the metal split rings.

Looks a little daggy on close inspection but it does the job.

4. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Thanks for the suggestions.

We do have a leather shop in town. I may have to go that route.

I tried to thread a piece of clear silicone tubing around the split ring with no success.

I just can't bring myself to put duct tape on that strap and this camera (yet).

5. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pyro451

Pyro451 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Massachusetts, USA
    Steve
    Perfect. Email sent to Gordy.

These are much nicer than my paracord solution (pics later). :smile: