A 18-108/f2.5 Lens for $50

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Lobbamobba, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    And its a Cinema Lens so we are talking some seriously smooth action :)

Tamron/Sony 18-108/2.5
    wp-20140111-003.

Modified adapter.
    wp-20140114-002.

Now I just need some sunlight so I can test this baby for real :)
    Tried it in my living room and there is no vignette.
    wp-20140114-004.

[video=youtube;1ZoAmqHfRO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZoAmqHfRO0[/video]

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Is the performance any good outside the center of the field? I'm surprised that it even covers the whole 4/3 frame at the wide end.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Its made for s16mm film, same size as the cameras sensor. So its a perfect match.

4. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Ireland.
    The BMPCC sensor is smaller than a regular micro four-thirds sensor though, they just have the same mount. Perhaps it will work. Have you tried it on your GH3?

Anyway, subscribed to your channel a few weeks ago Mattias and have really enjoyed your stuff. One thing, do you have a link to any of the footage from using the OMD on the "in the wild" project after you made that introduction video and test clips?

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Look forward to seeing shots. I'm curious at what FL the vignetting ceases.

6. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    I think I have some photos on my computer at home from the guy that sold me the lens which he/she took with a GH2, I can se if I can find them tonight.
    On the BMPCC there is no vignette due to the smaller sensor.
    Most shots in this video is either fully zoomed in or out.
    [video=youtube;1ZoAmqHfRO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZoAmqHfRO0[/video]

7. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    No Im currently in between still cameras and only have the bmpcc and bmcc so I havent tried it on a m4/3 sensor.

Im sad to say that the "in the wild" project was canceled. I didnt post that video until I was shure it was going to be launched but it was cancelled in the last second by my employer. It is what it is I guess. I often get send half away around the world or on various adventures in Sweden so Im not to bumed about it. But its a shame that they didnt make the decision a little bit earlier.
    Im letting the video stay on there anyway because some people seem to get something out of it.

Thanks for subscribeing :)