9th Mu-43 salon competition - HDR

andix

Mu-43 Regular
I know this is a tricky one, and not everybody might like it. I love HDR because it gives images a sense of being unique, and it leaves a lot of room for the photographer's... "artistic" interpretation if you will.
(EDIT: Please keep it real HDR, and not the "dramatic" filter in the camera. ;) )

So here we go. And as per the house, below are the rules:

Shots can be from your portfolio or taken specifically for the competition.

Now for the Rules:

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Shots can be uploaded from any gallery, Mu43 or whatever is your preference.

3. To enter your photo after uploading, copy the code in the Linked Image box and paste it into a reply to to this message. You can use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of this page.

4. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

5. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Mu-43 Contests and Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

8. Please, don´t be shy...Participate and have fun.

9. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.

scarbrd

Mu-43 Regular
Within The Place of a Stone Circle

3 images combined to capture detail in the sky and the stones.

stone_henge1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
B&W HDR
12Feb_1000453_HDR-Edit.jpg

supermaxv

Mu-43 Veteran
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/edtang/6769349313/" title="Upwards! by Ed Tang, on Flickr">
6769349313_19b3a2a0ce_z.jpg
"640" height="480" alt="Upwards!"></a>

woof

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I prefer HDR that is not too overblown. I tend to use it where it serves the subject as opposed to becoming the subject. This chapel was actually very dark inside. The only light was that coming in from the windows high up along the ceiling and from the stained glass window.

HDR helped level the wide DR from window light to shadows behind the arches, and served also to saturate colors so that it was not as muddy as it would have appeared had I taken one exposure.

p775081023-5.jpg

M

michaeln

Last weekend, northern California coast. Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1, 14-45@14mm with polarizer. 7 shots 1 EV apart, individual RAW images into DxO Optics Pro 7.5.2, from there into Photomatix Pro 4.2.2, then into ACR 7, then PS CS6. Not as complicated as it sounds, I just enjoy all the PP.

cove.jpg

Brian G

Mu-43 Veteran
Deck With A View

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the forum! This is from 5 bracketed exposures, handheld. HDR merge in Photomatix, then finished in Photoshop CS5, including a bit of Topaz Adjust.

Love the shot of the Chapel, above, by the way! :bravo-009:

Deck-_-View-1024.jpg

jack.bidwell

Mu-43 Rookie
Handheld 5 bracket of a Canal in a recent trip to Venice. Desaturated slightly

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/67757558@N03/7532222792/" title="Venice Canal by JackBidwell, on Flickr">
7532222792_bdaeea6569_c.jpg
"526" height="800" alt="Venice Canal"></a>

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Tribute in Light

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/6148933152/" title="Tribute in Light 2011 by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr">
6148933152_bc90513eee_b.jpg
"1024" height="770" alt="Tribute in Light 2011"></a>

M

michaeln

Thanks - me too.
Living so close to it made it one of the moments where you'll never forget what you were doing.

Heck, I live in San Francisco and I remember watching the second plane hit LIVE on CNN. I will never ever forget either.

racecar

New to Mu-43
You guys have some great shots! Just got my pl2 a few days ago and tinkering around with hdr, so here's my go at it Hopefully it's not too late.

P7170420_1_2_tonemapped_Medium_.jpg

olympus pl2
3 bracket exposure
kit zoom lens
handheld
photomatix

Latest threads

Top Bottom