1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

9mm BCL lens correction?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by jcm5, Aug 7, 2014.

1. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    USA
    What do you all use to correct for distortion for UWA lenses? I use Lightroom 5 and messed around with the "Lens Correction" --> "Transform" --> "Distortion" section of the program, but are there other better options? It seems like I have to constrain crop and I lose some of the width of the pictures...

any help appreciated!

EDIT: actually, I'm interested in this question not just for the 9mm BCL but for something like the 7.5, 7-14, 9-18, etc. I just happen to be using the 9mm BCL as I do not own those lenses (yet! :smile:) 

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Any fisheye distortion correction will crop the image. The 9-18 and 7-14 are rectilinear lenses and this is not an issue.

I like the fisheye look sometimes.

3. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
    I also have the 9mm BCL and Lightroom 5.

I use the Sigma 10mm profile which works very well (you find it in the Lens correction panel -> profile tab and then in the drop down list). It does stretch out the corners and crop out a fair bit but you wont get away from that if you want to correct the distortion...

Sometimes I just manually transform a bit if the full correction is too much (Lens correction panel -> manual tab)

Often I leave them as they are if it suits the subject.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.