1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

$999.00 - Black Panasonic GX7 with 20mm 1.7 II Lens - Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Jonathan F/2, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-LUMIX-Camera-Tilt-Live-Viewfinder/dp/B00F4MU0KO

I ordered one over the weekend and got it yesterday. I thought it might of been a PAL import, but it's an NTSC version with 24p/60p video. It's sold through Electronics Basket a third party seller, but fulfilled by Amazon Prime. I emailed the seller about the warranty status and they replied it's a USA model with full warranty. So far my camera works great!

Makes me wonder if the GX8 is coming out this year or perhaps the G7?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Capture01

Capture01 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 24, 2013
    i think i will order one too. been wantingthis for a while but was waiting for the price to go down alittle bit more, but i think it's just as low as it goes for now. according to camelcamelcamel

3. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Why would you think that? It's still pretty damn expensive, IMHO . Far too early in the product cycle . I do wonder how well it's selling . I think after a while Panasonic would be smart to release a slightly dumbed down version without viewfinder (but accepting the Lvf2). That way they still sell the Gx7 to those who want the all in one package and make sales to people who want a cheaper smaller option with same image quality. Maybe fewer knobs and no Ibis.

4. TheRenaissanceMan

TheRenaissanceMan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    They already made that camera. It's called the GM1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app

5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a feeling now with the GX7, Panasonic will probably just skip the whole detachable EVF thing.

6. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    We probably won't see GX8 soon, as next line to get a refresh seems to be the GF, there's already rumor about it and some leaks on the design concept. Personally I feel that a G series refresh makes more sense, as I would love to have a GX7 in a G6 body. Just update the sensor and put IBIS in G6 and call it a G7.

7. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's not much Panasonic can do to improve the GX7 outside of including Hybrid AF and maybe a higher MP camera body. I doubt we'll see 5 axis IBIS in a Panasonic camera anytime soon.

8. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Gm1 is not cheap. I want something like EPL line from Olympus.

9. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Perhaps. They are losing some lower end sales with that though. People like me, who want a slim body with newest sensor(not the Gf nonsense) but without premium pricing. Will probably go with Olympus next.

10. Ddeveryday

Ddeveryday Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    The Panasonic body values usually drops so fast. I bought a G3 at full retail price, and it drops to $300 brand new in just a matter of months. I hope that's not the case with the GX7. It does seem different from Panasonic's other offerings.

11. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    How do you like the GX7 so far? I have been wanting to try it out...

12. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The major advantage of the GX7 is the form factor and silent shutter...oh and the 20mm 1.7 actually focuses fairly fast on the GX7. Better video, but I'm not video guy. Saying that I really dig the form factor and adore the silent shutter on the GX7.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Well, for some of us the price does not drop fast enough ;)

14. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    If all you do is live for pricing photo life will pass you by...:smile:

The GX7 has a lot of expensive tooling in its construction, would be surprising if it dropped the way previous models have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    M43 system cameras have evolved quite a bit in features and IQ the last several years. Apart from better AF tracking, I have a feeling any changes going forward will be incremental. That should mean longer product cycles and a bit more stability in camera prices. The EM5 is a good example of that. As much as I would like to buy a second GX7 body at a steep discount, I'm not counting on that happening anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Exactly, I think the upcoming E-M2/E-PL5 will have incremental, obligatory changes: wifi, higher res screen, VII processor, etc. I have no interest in getting rid of my trusty E-PM2 any time soon.

17. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    I was thinking this too.

There simply isn't a ton more you can do with M43 (or NEX after the most recent A6000) that can markedly improve them.

Once AF is fast and the EVF is solid, we're talking really minor improvements without changing the whole format.

18. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Maybe that Fuji-Panasonic sensor collaboration will be the big new thing. Technology marches on.

19. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    Although we're quickly reaching the same point with cell phones. Basically, the iPhone 5S and the Android flagship phones are so ridiculously powerful and have such high screen resolution there is nowhere to go. As it is currently used, the smartphone has reached its logical endpoint. Now manufacturers are trying to add things like biometric sensors and better cameras and whatnot, but it's all just window dressing.

The camera market is quickly reaching the same point. Waiting for the EM2 with fingerprint scanner and 3D projection capabilities :)

PS Is there an article about how most people don't print pictures and every megapixel after 8 was kind of superfluous to most users?