1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

$99 USD New - Lumix 45-200 @ BestBuy

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by RT_Panther, Aug 12, 2013.

1. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Store pickup only - too bad.

2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Seems you can't get it.

3. DenverDutchman

DenverDutchman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2013
    Colorado, Denver area
    Tried to order it, but I cannot seem to complete the transaction (not available for store pickup or shipping) ...

4. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Seems I'm able to order it, but really don't see much need or even desire for one after recently buying and liking the 45-175 for $210 from Amazon.

Still tempted though for that price. Guess I could resell it for $200 easily.

Wish my dad would have gone m4/3 instead of Fuji.

5. sinclair

sinclair Mu-43 Veteran

You know they do this because there is one store that has a couple that they haven't been able to sell. Or it's to increase traffic, and they never really had more than a couple in the whole country.

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    In this case, there aren't any anywhere. I checked the entire US. There maybe some at the Shanghai store, but I don't think it would be at this price.

7. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
  8. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    So does that mean they bought a pallet of them that they are selling online only?

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Sorry about that folks - they must be sold out. :redface::redface::redface:

Yes I have the lens, but I purchased it back in Dec/Jan....

10. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I'd bet not - $150 ish is probably as high as you could realistically sell it for mint used, give or take

11. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    No, it means that they aren't selling them period. It's a listing for a dead item. You can find them all the time on retailers' websites. $99 was the price they last sold for. That could have been yesterday. That could have been last year.

12. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Got it, thanks.

13. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    Some stores around the country had this at the $99 price a few months ago but it was limited even then.

14. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    What a scam. It says free shipping, but you can't order online...then you put in cart and it says free store pick-up...but then you can't select a store....joke.

Dead item maybe, but comes off as false advertising, even if they never bothered to update the webpage. Figured it was too good to be true.

15. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Bestbuy is a scam. For a while they showed different prices on their store computers vs online. Played dumb about when questioned.

Now all they are is amazons showroom.

16. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Don't even bother

I'm sure the handful in stock in the US has already been snatched by friends of BB employees to sell on the Internet.

17. 1984

1984 Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2013
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone's local Best Buy even sell MFT equipment in-store?

I actually spoke to one of the live chat representatives trying to find a store in three of the states surrounding me (I live two hours from each state, so in a good location for a search like that) that had the lens. She turned up nothing, but also couldn't find a single store in her search that sells MFT equipment.

The closest Best Buy to me has turned into a Samsung store. No Sony equipment (I came from Sony) except for two older NEX versions and a couple of point-n-shoots. The DSLR section is all Canon and Nikon, as well as the rest of the point-n-shoots, and the camera section is incredibly small. The majority of the store is taken up by nothing but Samsung - tablets, phones, and cameras. What actually gets to me about that, though, is that I looked at the Samsung NX system and the guy who had the Samsung shirt on and worked in the Samsung section told me that the NX system has no other lenses. If all your store is going to sell is Samsung equipment, you might want to actually brush up on your knowledge of what Samsung offers before, you know, telling a potential customer that the system is limited to one kit lens.

Sorry, turned into a bit of a rant, but I would love to be able to walk into an actual store and look at the MFT stuff. Best Buy had Olympus cameras at one time and now it's a shot in the dark to find a place where you can get a hands-on experience before making a purchase.

18. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    They used to, but they discontinued them - which is why they've been clearing out the various spare batteries for several m4/3 cameras for just a few bucks each over the past few months.