1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

9-18mm lock switch problem

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by keith1200rs, Nov 8, 2011.

1. keith1200rs

keith1200rs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    Hi,

I am new here - just changing all my Nikon DSLR equipment for MFT - new Panasonic GF2 bought a couple of weeks ago. I just received my Olympus 9-18mm yesterday and am returning it today as the lock switch doesn't lock the lens closed. Am I unlucky and this an unusual problem? I searched t'internet and didn't find any problems mentioned but wondered if the tiny, light weight lenses are less reliable/robust?

Thanks.

Keith.

2. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    I believe the lock switch only locks the lens OPEN not closed. It is a simple twist to open up the lend ready for shooting..... that's how mine works anyway.
    It's an excellent lens by the way.
    Hope this helps.
    M

• Like Like x 1
  3. keith1200rs

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    Thanks, that is interesting. I phoned the shop and they reckoned it should lock it closed as well! The instructions are no help. I will try to find out before I send it back.

Keith.

4. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    It has a little bump that stops it from creeping, but does not lock closed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. keith1200rs

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    Thank you for the confirmation. I have phoned Olympus and they have confirmed that they don't lock closed (strange calling it a "lock"). I will unpack it again and start playing!

Keith.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.