9-18 low light performance

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I do a lot of low light work. I'd love to see samples of 9-18 interior shots at higher ISOs.

B & H has $100 off the lens till 9/4. My camera just arrived a couple of hours ago and I'm still waiting for the battery to charge.

TIA.

Isabel

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Isabel,
Welcome home first off.
There are threads about this lens. The lens does fine in low light. It has nice contrast and focuses quickly.
What camera did you get? I have images from it on my gallery here on site and my site in the observations link on my sig.
Shooter
Shooter

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
I do a lot of extremely low light work with the 9-18mm lens but I use long exposures and low ISO. The lens itself won't have any bearing on the performance with high or low ISO, that's the job of the camera.

If you are thinking of normal levels of indoor lighting, the lens does just fine and AF is fairly responsive and reliable. Again, it depends somewhat on the camera rather than just the lens.

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I got the E-PL1

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I probably hadn't signed up for email notification yet.

Thanks for the feedback - I will search and check out your gallery.

Isabel

Isabel,
Welcome home first off.
There are threads about this lens. The lens does fine in low light. It has nice contrast and focuses quickly.
What camera did you get? I have images from it on my gallery here on site and my site in the observations link on my sig.
Shooter
Shooter

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
thanks, Peter...my low light work is without a tripod...

so it remains to be seen how low I could go ISO-wise.
Isabel

I do a lot of extremely low light work with the 9-18mm lens but I use long exposures and low ISO. The lens itself won't have any bearing on the performance with high or low ISO, that's the job of the camera.

If you are thinking of normal levels of indoor lighting, the lens does just fine and AF is fairly responsive and reliable. Again, it depends somewhat on the camera rather than just the lens.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom