1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

8mm Fisheye

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by soundimageplus, Jul 13, 2010.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I think fisheyes have quite big following in the "prosumer" market. Like almost everyone who does extreme sports shooting. I think this quite a good filed for panasonic to tackle.

I use fisheyes for landscape also. I just can't affod them on all my systems :) 

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I've just picked up a s/h Samyang (Falcon branded) 8mm - that video gives me some ideas - thanks for sharing.

4. soundimageplus

soundimageplus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2010
    Worcestershire
    How many professional (or other) photographers do you think would use m4/3 as their system of choice for extreme sports shooting?

Panasonic didn't even shoot their all action G2 ad using their own cameras. Canons were used instead!

Also I can't say I've seen a lot of landscape work shot with a fisheye.

I wasn't saying people don't use them, but in the context of a lens system this might be considered a "luxury" item.

• Like Like x 1
  5. matmcdermott

matmcdermott Mu-43 Regular

Oh, I agree entirely that there are/were more pressing prime lenses needed in the Panasonic lineup -- Something faster in the 12-14mm range, something faster in the short tele range. For 98% of uses fisheyes are just a gimmick.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.