85mm F1.2 Nocticron

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by azmerm, May 4, 2015.

1. azmerm

azmerm Mu-43 Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Alan Mermelstein
    ...and no cat LOL! Testing for next week's wedding so here's my very sad 12 year old boxer "Cagney". I kept checking Amazon Warehouse Deals and found my Nocticron for only $1056. There were a few slightly scratched ones, but this one just said box damaged. The lens came in perfect condition and the box had just very minimal damage. A great score!

Raw developed in C1, slight crop and WB, then sharpened with Nik Sharpener Pro. ISO 3200 wide open F1.2. Examples are with, then without Nik darken/lighten vignette.

Next week I'll just use it a little on the EM10, and then move it up to my EM1's.
    with.JPG without.JPG
    Will post some wedding shots then. Alan
    • Like Like x 3
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    It's a fantastic lens for sure - as witnessed by the shots of your dog which are just wonderful.

I flirted with a Noc just recently but in the final analysis I decided the weight penalty (and to a lesser degree, cost) compared to the Oly 45/1.8 just didn't stack up. I took a lot of comparison images between the two and whilst the Noc was definitely just that little bit sharper and the OOF blur just that little bit greater, the difference didn't warrant the downsides. However, $1000 is a pretty good deal and there's no denying that images from it have that certain "look". Good shooting with your new toy!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1