[FS] $800!!! Olympus OMD EM5, OLYMPUS 45mm 1.8 Panasonic 20mm 1.7 mk1

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Foto_con_Sabor, May 7, 2014.

1. Foto_con_Sabor

Foto_con_Sabor Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Jul 8, 2012
    Philly, PA
    Ok so here's what's going on...I haven't been getting very many hours at my job, so I ended up being late on rent. In an effort to not get evicted from my apt, my prized possession and money maker (when times were good that is) has to go. I took it to CEX (an electronics store where you can trade electronics for cash), but they said they don't know when they'd have the money to give me for it (WTF?????), meanwhile I needed it like YESTERDAY. So in case they don't get their thumbs out their collective arses, I'm going to make my stuff available here as well. Selling the whole kit, camera+both lenses for $800. For those that know, just the lenses alone are worth $500 bare minimum, so unfortunately for me, but not for the potential buyer, this is a STEAL. I want to sell them all together as separating them will take too long to sell, and buy that time there could be an eviction letter on my door. Your loss, my gain. I've done business on here prior with member JoJo for his 14-54 lens (lens was stolen from me, so don't ask....it hasn't been my year unfortunately), so he can vouch for me as far as communication and payment in the marketplace here.

So the OMD: has some wear on the bottom of the unit, as I used it a lot with quick releases and rough environments. There's a scratch on the EVF hump, and a small chip on the LCD bezel, not on the actual screen though. Through everywhere I've traveled with this camera, it worked flawlessly, and to this day works perfect. It's been upgraded to firmware 1.6, the most recent. Will come with 3rd party charger, OEM battery, 3rd party battery SEMA1 mic adapter (!!!), original box, manual, clip on flash, USB and video cables. It's a fantastic camera. Everything on my website (houseofaperture.com) was shot with it.

The panny 20mm has a few slight scratches on the body, glass is in perfect condition. I can't find the rear or front caps for the life of me, but I do still have the original box, lens pouch, and 46mm vented hood that's protected it since the day I got it.

The olympus 45mm is in damn near perfect condition, as I just got the lens fairly recently. Glass, body, I don't think there's a scratch on this thing. Will include box, pouch, front and rear caps, and 3rd party 37mm hood (which we all know olympus likes to be stingy with).

Anyways, I can't stand the fact I have to get rid of everything I've worked so hard for, but times are tough, and I NEED to keep my apt. My loss, your gain. Again, trying to sell everything together, not trying to split it up, because that'll take forever. I can accept paypal, and will be sent out immediately after payment. The 2 pics I have here are back when I still had mostly manual lenses and when I rented the silver 45mm and grip to shoot an event, the one you'll receive is the black 45mm. Since the camera is still at the store, I can't take pics of it until I go later tonite. I want to see if anyone is interested on here before I go to the store and wait for them to get their act together....

Attached Files:

2. Foto_con_Sabor

Foto_con_Sabor Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Jul 8, 2012
    Philly, PA
    Thanks to everyone that got back to me. Unfortunately, probably the worst thing that could've happened unfortunately did...I woke up this morning to my landlord knocking on the door. He decided he wasn't going to even give me a chance to make things right and handed me eviction papers. I'm literally sick to my stomach right now...I have to figure out what I'm going to do from this point, and I don't even know where to start....thank you again to everyone that messaged me and was willing to help. I now have to figure what I'm going to so from this point.....

3. jar

jar Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jun 25, 2012
    I don't know anything about tenant law in PA, but in at least some states, simply paying the back rent due would stop any eviction. You may want to do some research on the rules in your state.

4. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I'm pretty sure this is true in PA. The tenant has the "right to pay and stay" and can stop the eviction process by simply paying the owed rent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Aug 12, 2011
    Did you speak to your landlord about accepting partial payment? The eviction is a process that normally takes 2-4 months (C.A), so you may have some time to going forward.. Make an attempt to speak with the owner, and see if they'll accept partial payment (or full if you have it) to stop the eviction proceedings. If not it's best look for a place that's more accommodating, and move out immediately to avoid any negative report on your credit... Good luck!!

6. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Feb 20, 2010
    Man, sorry to hear about that...hopefully everyone's else's advice here can help and you can find a way to stay.

7. KenTakesPhotos

KenTakesPhotos Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

May 4, 2014
    You can pay and stay. It is the law, not his/her goodwill. You have legal ground to stand on.

Sent from another Galaxy