8 Things Owning an Olympus says about You.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by drd1135, Sep 12, 2015.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    So I might be a cute Asian girl ?

*head explodes*

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    More likely you are just a camera geek.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

At my age, the gear I have is VERY LIKELY to be all the gear I'll ever need (or at least I'll ever buy!). And I'm rarely a sexy asian girl, though I've still got the legs for it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Just roll with it, and post up some self portraits!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sniksekk

Sniksekk Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2015
    What about, "You think DLSR with primes are to heavy to carry everywhere you go." ?

7. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    Why is the best camera made an OM-1? I much prefer the OM-3 with it's metering and higher shutter speed...

8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Correction, I'm a cute Asian guy! lol

9. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Am I the only one who thinks the "Beautiful Asian" Girl's fingers are kind of creepy looking? Kind of like spider legs.

I'm thinking "Beautiful Asian Girls" who want to be considered Beautiful Asian Girls, should avoid manual focus, it ruins the look.

10. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

+1.

0/8. Not one. Nada. Maybe I'm not really an Olympus owner.

11. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Well, the OM-1 was certainly ONE of the best 35mm cameras ever. The 35 SP rangefinder is just as good in its class, however. I never wear manufacturers clothing or use straps with their logo, and I try to replace their ugly lens caps. Olympus rarely includes a hood, so at least that's not an issue. I use manual exposure a lot because I'm a photographic control freak, and I don't hate it; I even like it -- lessons well learned with my OM-1, I guess.

I'm neither a cute Asian girl, nor a cute Asian boy, though a young Hmong man in Phonsavan, Laos has adopted me as his father. (He lost his when he was 13). He and his new bride are very cute, especially together - though I'd usually say handsome and beautiful. I probably am a camera geek, but prefer to think of myself as a book-worm and nerd who likes gadgets and has a passion for photography.

The best camera I've ever owned is -- well - it's a tie: between my Hasselblad 500CM and my Toyo 4x5 monorail, the first of which I still have and use. And of 35mm cameras, these days I prefer the 35SP rangefinder to the OM-series, though I own a 1,4, and 10, and wish I could get my hands on a 3.

So... there's probably a profile that long time Olympus owners fit, but this ain't it. Or if it is then I don't fit the profile -- again!:biggrin:

Loved the pictures!

12. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    That is a freaking mutant hand-on-backwards freakin freakshow!!
    ulps70y1ryftk3xok9xc.

"Raise your hand if you would like to be that camera right now."
    I'd rather keep my parts intact, thanksverymuch.

13. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I used Pentax cameras for many years. I was clearly preparing to own Olympus.

14. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Freakin' A!!!!

15. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    BUT OF COURSE!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Er, points 3 and 7 - guilty.

17. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    LOL at #4.

Digitalrev can snark if they want, but I love shooting handheld macros, and Oly's amazing IBIS makes it possible to get very sharp images that way. I'm not sure any other camera is as good for that purpose as my EM5 II.