1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

7artisans 50mm f1.8 M4/3 Announced

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by agentlossing, May 17, 2019 at 11:40 PM.

1. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    7artisans 50mm F1.8 Lens - 7artisans

I for one am pretty interested in this. I have the 7artisans 25mm f1.8 and it is properly tiny, reasonably well constructed (excellent apart from a wobbly aperture ring) and optically pretty good. This 50mm lens is being developed for APS-C and M4/3, which the 25mm also is, so compactness is still a thing, and the pictures on the page show the lens mounted on a GX8.

If this has good optical quality and construction, it could be a very interesting choice at $125. Speaking personally, I find the focal length of my Siggy 60mm a little too limiting, and have been thinking of swapping for a 45mm or 42.5mm for a while. A fully manual 50mm f1.8 could be a very interesting choice as well!

For those about to mention adapting a legacy fifty, I've done that with multiple different ones, and the old coatings, heavy construction and softness at larger apertures leave a fair bit to be desired. Legacy lenses are cool, but they definitely don't compare to native lenses.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.