Post-Processing Challenge #190

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
A summer scene at the beach, balancing on a one of the poles hoping not to drop the camera in the water.

P1010438.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The raw file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu7hecbg6jo9reo/P1010438.RW2?dl=0
And the jpeg file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqadx62e9mu8bpp/P1010438.JPG?dl=0

The challenge ends Thursday, 13 August, 10:00 CET

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

----------------------------------------------

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a large size (preferably at least 1024 pixel) image. If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Workflow for both images: LR6 >>> OnOne Perfect Effects 9.5 >>> Alien Skin Exposure 7 >>> LR6

Color:

19849276594_92a652341e_b.jpg

Monochrome:

20283885388_e28d1effdc_b.jpg

Last edited:

esnift

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dan
liCu9abxQl-ZM9oz9BE9Tv7JoZ3oxGfSDwmxefvUHBM

Haven't been able to play for a while so might as well go a little overboard :thumbup:

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
It's well past midnight so here's one for the thread
P1010438.jpg

EdH

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ed
Had few goes with this one. Here I've tried to make the most of the foreground foam. A bit of dodging and burning to try to 'unflatten' the sea, if that makes sense!

P1010438_Ed3.jpg

bigboysdad

Mu-43 All-Pro
Ended up with something which makes the water maybe seem a bit choppy?

P1010438.jpg

caspert79

Mu-43 Regular
postprocchallenge#190klein.jpg

Wanted to put more attention to the sky, so I increased the size of the cloud. Furthermore I played with the color balance to make the blue sky dark and monochromized the picture, played with levels and sharpness etc.

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
A bit late (some ad-hoc holiday plans came between me and mu43, ironically I visited the exact same spot as this photo was taken...), but for me the winners are:
Runner-up: AussiePhil. I don't know what filter you used, but somehow it works for me.
Winner: Tyrphoto's monochrome. The high key rendition and out-of-the-box crop really works very well. This reflects best the feeling I get when being on that beach in that rather special light.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Thanks! There were a lot of good entries as usual so it's always an honor being selected.

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Thanks Conrad,

The filter was actually the Oil Paint effect in PS6, the trick with water is to only apply it lightly to achieve a sort of long exposure effect

Latest threads

Top Bottom