Voigtlander Bessa R

VinVin

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
Hi guys,

I just got bought a Voigtlander Bessa R rangefinder with a few lenses. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

The lenses that i got with it are:
Voigtlander Color Skopar 35mm f2.5
Jupiter 8 50mm f2.0
Industar 61 50mm f2.8

Are there any inexpensive m39 lenses that you guys would suggest?

For those who have experience with these lenses or the Bessa R itself. Are there any particular quirks with this camera?

kinlau

Mu-43 All-Pro
Lovely camera, I have pretty well the same lenses and a few more. You pretty well have the best cheap LTM glass already. I picked up an Elmar 90/4 for only $100-, but lovely, simple and sharp.

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
I used to own a lot of Voigtlander gear- R3A, R4M, Bess L. The Bess R was the first rangefinder body that Cosina produced. The Collar Scopar 35/2.5 is an excellent lens and was one of my favorites. Check Stephen Gandy's site https://cameraquest.com/

VinVin

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
Lovely camera, I have pretty well the same lenses and a few more. You pretty well have the best cheap LTM glass already. I picked up an Elmar 90/4 for only $100-, but lovely, simple and sharp.
Which others do you have? I have a problem with knowledge lol which m39 lenses have rf coupling?

VinVin

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Kevin
I used to own a lot of Voigtlander gear- R3A, R4M, Bess L. The Bess R was the first rangefinder body that Cosina produced. The Collar Scopar 35/2.5 is an excellent lens and was one of my favorites. Check Stephen Gandy's site https://cameraquest.com/
Yeah i went to that site before i bought. I'm just venturing into new territory now haha

kinlau

Mu-43 All-Pro
I also have a number of Canon LTM lenses. The buy and sell on rangefinderforum.com is likely the best place to look and also ask.

Latest threads

Top Bottom