72 Hour Post Processing Challenge #709 - Winner announced

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One from the zoo:

P1110280.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The files can be found here: https://web.tresorit.com/l/I1Yrn#IHJFG6GhOI4TECya_jSusQ

The Challenge closes on Sunday 31 October 2021 at 17:00 UTC+1 (compensated for the end of daylight saving time ;))

72-Hour Post-Processing Challenge Rules

The Challenge Master provides an image or images to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
  1. Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
  2. Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge.
  3. At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
  4. The Winner of the challenge is honoured as the Master of the next Challenge
Notes:
  • Any/all source images used for the challenge must be the Challenge Master's own images. They are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge; not to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original image.
  • "Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.
  • Entrants are strongly encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
  • As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.
  • If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honour passes to the next Runner-up.

Robert Davidson

Mu-43 All-Pro
#1. Sure is a challenge, I spent some time in Photoshop isolating the Zebras and Bird, then blurring the background.
P1110280 copy.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
A difficult image to clean up!
So I decided to embrace the fence and accentuate it!
It seems to me that just trying to tone it down only draws the attention to it, so why not enhance it and make it a feature!
Entry #1 (I think it works best in B&W)
P1110280_DxO_Web_1.jpg

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
And the colour one I did the B&W from.
Entry #2
P1110280_DxO_Web.jpg

Robert Davidson

Mu-43 All-Pro
#2. More Photoshop work on the first image.

P1110280 crop copy.jpg

ivanbae07

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
I.B.
the usual dt to gimp... just a monochrome, for this...
P1110280.jpeg

relic

Hobbyist
Not and entry-- too difficult for me, but I thought I'd take Bo's idea one step further :)

P1110280dcLL.jpg

Kae1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Entry #1 Bit too hard for me. ACR, Elements, and Topaz DeNoise. Concentrated on zebras and attempted to make the fence become the "background" by using lens blur.
P1110280br.jpg

Kae1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Entry #2
P1110280bwr.jpg

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Deadline is in 3 hours. Not that many submissions yet. Do you need more time? I'd be willing to extend the deadline a bit. ;)

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
OK, well, I think that was it then!

Winner is @Kae1 with the black-and-white version. The focus is on the animals, and I'm not distracted by the fence.

Honourable mention goes to @relic for his non-entry, which nicely reflects the mixed feelings that I had while walking around in the zoo on that day. Beautiful animals, but sad that they have to spend their time in a small fenced-off area. Adding the extra fence seems to make the zebras and the ostrich look even sadder.

For what it's worth, here's my version (I didn't bother to hide the fence):

P1110280.jpg

Over to @Kae1! I hope you'll get more contributions. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom