72 Hour Post-Processing Challenge #677 (Results)

P1332760.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kae1

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ken
As the UK’s first ever seaside resort, Scarborough has so many different things to offer a photographer. Across the South Bay, towards the castle, old town and harbour, you can use anything from a fisheye to 300+mm to capture nearly a thousand years of history. For a change from using my wide angle and superzoom lenses for landscapes I thought I would “test” my latest GAS being the Panasonic 45-175 telephoto lens. What caught my eye when I took the photo was the green seaweed in the foreground.o_O

Looking at the submissions there are two distinct categories of submission - the whole scene and a crop of the scene excluding the green seaweed. As it was the seaweed which caught my eye the whole scene will be my prime category.

Honourable mentions go to you all as you have all submitted some excellent interpretations and improvements. There was a wide range of colour vibrance and saturation, enhancements to sky, scenery and perspective, sharpening, as well as interesting crops which have provided me with further inspiration (and reassurance that the lens is definitely worth keeping). I am not too old to learn and special thanks to Lyle for again giving us an insight into some of his magic.:thumbsup:

First place, in the crop category, for me was @RichardC . I like the crop, the colours, and the lens blur in the foreground.

First place for the whole scene was very close. I was looking for natural looking “enhanced” colours as well as an improved image and struggled between @BosseBe #1, @Robert Davidson #1, @Rob Rider #1 and @WhidbeyLVR . In the end I chose @RobRider #1 as I like the overall detail, the colours, the slight crop and the straightening.

Over to you Rob @Rob Rider !

As an indication of what the South Bay has to offer here is a five image merge I’ve cobbled together.
Scarborough_Panorama1.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom