72 Hour Post Processing Challenge #670

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran

_6210007.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rob Rider

Mu-43 Veteran
The Contest is over. Winners announced.

Thanks to all who entered. A few things come to mind when evaluating this photo. There are some who say never shoot at mid day, but then if you see something at mid day why not shoot and see if you can make something worthwhile later- or not. There is also a phrase about cross lighting for texture.
When I went through the entries, I did want to see the texture of the building. Other considerations were dealing with the distracting red vehicle and the street needing to be darkened. There were quite a few different interpretations of the photo.

The winner is Bosse Be for his color version. Checked most of the boxes and also removed the security camera, a nice detail.

I have Robert Davidson as 1st runner up very well done except for the red car still showing.

2nd runner up to WhidbeyLVR for the black and white version, very nice

Honorable mentions to Kae 1 for both of his entries and to Mcgrillo for the B+W

Here are my versions after incorporating some of your ideas. Thanks to you all.
n_6210007.jpg

n_6210007bw.jpg

Over to you Bosse Be

As a side note, it is good to have a hobby that can be done indoors.
Our weather report for the week here.
Screenshot 2021-06-13 101425.jpg

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Thanks @Rob Rider for the win.

D**n, I did it again! Now I have to find a picture to use! :biggrin:
I will try to find something and get the new challenge up tonight. But it might have to wait until tomorrow evening if I need to take a new picture.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Nice adobe building and I do love the the harsh shadows on the building itself. However the shadows on both the left and right of the photo are too harsh for my taste. I would decrease the contrast on both the left and the right and at the same time i would lighten the larger shadows on the left and right.
Can you show us what you mean, the challenge is over so you can't rescue me from my fate but it would be easier for me to understand if you show us.
You are talking about the B&W picture that didn't win the challenge?

Actually that is how I like to do B&W, not all contrast but with an amount that for me feels correct. A couple of years ago the contrast would have been even harsher, but I have mellowed over the years.

Latest threads

Top Bottom