72 hour post processing challenge - #631

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek

Hendrik

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Hendrik
I think we generally read left to right, even images. To my eye, flipping promotes the importance of the barn and makes the ramp of the grass a bit more dynamic. Otherwise, not much new.

P1011532rev.jpg

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
Attempt # 1
Mostly HSL and Selective color and a small crop.

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
First, let me say I appreciate the nice comments about the image from any of you. So many excellent contributions, it will be hard to judge!

Second, I apologize for a mistake in my rush to put this up. I originally stated the closing time for entries was "Friday, January 28th", but now I realize when I copied and pasted the previous contest text I edited the date but not the day (Friday is the 29th....). :doh:

So, in order to avoid someone being denied a chance to enter, I will extend submission deadline by another 24 hours to Friday the 29th at 4PM EST. Sorry for any inconveniences!

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Thanks again everyone for your efforts and the nice comments. This was VERY tough to judge.

Everyone's efforts were a significant improvement over the out of camera jpeg. Nearly all of them I would be happy with. Most of you strategically cropped out foreground along the ditch (yes, I took this picture from my car window while paused on the road) and brought the barn out from shadows. The hard part is to chose amongst how you all chose to make the colors "pop" and work together. To make matters harder for me, when I looked at these on three different monitors, I realized that my rankings could easily be influenced by which screen (and image size) I was looking at....

My top candidates included Todd Phillips (entry#1), WhidbeyLVR (entry #1), Rob Rider (entry#1,#2), Hendrik (entry#1), RichardC (entry#2), Zapp DJR (entry#1).

But I must come up with a ranking, so here it goes

First Place: @Rob Rider (entry #2)
Second: @Zapp DJR (entry #1)
Third: @WhidbeyLVR (entry #1)

Over to you @Rob Rider!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom