72 Hour Post-Processing Challenge #578 - Winners announced

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Thanks everybody who entered the competition. As some already said, there probably was/is little to do with this image. I'm guessing I have fallen in the same pitfall as I usually do: working on, tinkering with an image that actually doesn't need all that much work hoping there is far more in it. Sometimes I have to step back and just do some minor changes and be happy.

And the winners are:

in 3rd place: @relic #1 I like the rather muted colour palette, enough focus on the different elements in the picture: mosses in the foreground, the river which leads you to the mountains in the background.

in 2nd place: @Hendrik #1 your entry is very identical to relic's for the very same reasons: moss in foreground, the river leading your eye down the valley. I prefer yours over relic's because the midtones are a bit more open. On the other hand it's a touch too warm imho.

and the winner is: @WhidbeyLVR #1 I think your entry sits on the sweet spot where I want the green tones (trees in on hill side) to be. They are dark but 'opened' up enough at the same time. This sounds like a contradiction. Also the patches on the mountain are clearly visible without being overly or unnaturally bright. The square crop works for me. I had gone for a vertical crop, to lead your eyes down the valley, but the square crop works very well as it closes in on the different elements and makes it a tighter frame.

over to you @WhidbeyLVR
Wasn't expecting this -- many great entries.

Thanks for the challenge, Dinobe! It must have been breathtaking up on the ridges. Care to share your top five photos of your 'aha erlebnis"? I would love to see them. (I did find this.)

I'll try to get the next challenge running sometime today.

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It must have been breathtaking up on the ridges. Care to share your top five photos of your 'aha erlebnis"? I would love to see them. (I did find this.)
Yes, that one image is from that very same trip. What you see is my wife crossing the Bessegen Ridge on the last day back to Gjendesheim mountain cabin.
On your request, I created this topic: Jotunheimen

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom