- Feb 14, 2014
- Whidbey Island
- Real Name
Peyto Lake from Bow Summit Overlook, Banff National Park
Taken a few years ago. Too much dynamic range to capture in a single, simple shot. Plenty of ther probelms, too. (Figuring them out is part of the fun, no?)
RAW and JPG files are here.
You have until 6 PM Seattle time (PDT = UTC-7) on Wed, April Fools Day.
Post-Processing Challenge Rules:
- The Challenge Master provides an image to be "improved" upon by way of post-processing, as well as a closing date for entries.
- Entrants are to post their entries, visible in this thread, at a resolution of 1000 to 1600 pixels in the longest dimension, prior to the closing date.
- Each entrant is allowed two entries in the Challenge. Please mark entries clearly by number.
- At the close of the Challenge, the Challenge Master will select a Winner and Runners-up.
- The Winner of the challenge is honored as the Master of the next Challenge.
- The image(s) used for the challenge must be the Challenge Master's own. Source images are posted solely for the purpose of this Challenge and are not posted to invite critique or criticism nor for other uses. If Entrants post their entries at a photo sharing site, they should credit the owner of the original source material.
- "Improve" is a subjective term, and may include many creative ideas, as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenge Master agrees that Entrants may make any changes they deem fit in their entries.
- Entrants are encouraged to enter their best efforts even if this means replacing versions. Please do this by exchanging your latest effort with the image you wish to remove. You may note the replacement in a comment in the edited posting.
- Entrants are also encouraged to share the tools and techniques used for their entries, however this is not a requirement for entry.
- As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The Challenge Master is encouraged (but not required) to state the criteria used to decide upon a Winner. While we may not all agree with the result, the Challenge Master's decision is final. Please refrain from posting adverse comment.
- If the Winner is unable to post a new Challenge within five days, the honor passes to the next Runner-up.