1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

72 Hour Challenge: Pink

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Giant bubble guy, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Giant bubble guy

Giant bubble guy Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I'm thrilled to get the chance to choose the theme for this challenge :)
    coral2012crop.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
    New guy here....:smile:

What be the rules in this here game?

3. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    From the first challenge:

As the title suggests, each challenge lasts for 72-Hours. Everyone gets to submit 2 photos in line with the chosen theme. The winner of the previous challenge gets to choose the new theme (topics can be anything under the sun) and serves as the judge for his/her 72-hour challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own 72-hour challenge. Instead, he/she should post up to 2 photos as examples to start out the challenge. Should the winner not be able to commit to being the next judge, the responsibility is passed on to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a blue ribbon winner, a runner-up, and 1 honorable mention. As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu43 rules/regulations, by participating in this thread you are allowing the judge to repost your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners for "Your Best Shot: A 72-hour Blue Ribbon challenge."

4. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Copied from the order challenge:

72 Hour Challenge Rules

As the title suggests, each challenge lasts for 72 hours. Everyone gets to submit 2 photos in line with the chosen theme. The winner of the previous challenge gets to choose the new theme (topics can be anything under the sun) and serves as the judge for his/her 72-hour challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own 72-hour challenge. Instead, he/she should post up to 2 photos as examples to start out the challenge. Should the winner not be able to commit to being the next judge, the responsibility is passed on to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a blue ribbon winner, a runner-up, and 1 honorable mention. As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu43 rules/regulations, by participating in this thread you are allowing the judge to repost your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners for "72-Hour Challenge: Order."

5. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    This is the pinkies I can get

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/73403162@N00/8170001822/" title="P1000311-Edit-Edit.jpg by Ehud Lavon, on Flickr">"995" height="1024" alt="P1000311-Edit-Edit.jpg"></a>

• Like Like x 6
  6. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    6319349215_8bae201ec5_b.
    *This is an older photo taken with my old Canon DSLR. I didn't see any rules about limiting photos just to those from m4/3 cameras, but if there are any problems I can withdraw it but it was the only photo I have that would fit with "pink."

• Like Like x 4
  7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Pink you say ... in here somewhere ....

<a href="http://minus.com/llgnmOMdIrfxk">
    <div align=center>
    http://i.minus.com/ilgnmOMdIrfxk.JPG" width="400" height="300"
    </div></a>

• Like Like x 1
  8. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Jeremy
    Tough challenge

How about a picture with Barbie at Colette Carnaval?

P1060186.

• Like Like x 4
  9. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    This was taken at Yale University. I was involved in a shot per day challenge and it was the end of the day. No picture yet, and the heat was on. I walked out and kind of aimlessly followed my nose. Suddenly the whole sky went pink. I composed and shot this on the spot. Pretty much took less than a minute. It was recently selected by a committee to be hung at Yale. A huge three foot by four foot copy of this is now hanging on the wall at my office.

p481679437-5.

Sunrise in San Francisco, taken from One Nob Hill. Three sets of three stacked exposures.

p276239522-5.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
    The wife grows the flowers, so I don't know what they are...but it's pink...
    8170932130_614717cc1d_b.

And another...not really pink, more of a hot pink...
    8170935456_86d99764da_b.

• Like Like x 2
  11. srivastava

srivastava Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 26, 2012
    England
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352514946.503371.

Palace of Winds in the Pink City of Jaipur.... Taken last week

• Like Like x 1
  12. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I have a couple (I've posted these in the native lens threads before) of pink shots. :smile: This would've been the perfect theme for the month of October.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8140251567/" title="Fountain by yekimrd, on Flickr">"768" height="1024" alt="Fountain"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/yekimrd/8146412501/" title="Curly by yekimrd, on Flickr">"1024" height="768" alt="Curly"></a>

• Like Like x 4
  13. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Pink House

P1030597.

• Like Like x 2
  14. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Pink lens flair, now who's bad?

P1020775.

and some bleeding hearts
    1f8ee9a2.

15. Giant bubble guy

Giant bubble guy Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  16. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Congrats to the winners!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
    Congratulations to the winner and runner up...:2thumbs:

And thanks for HM....surprised the heck out me...:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    Thanks very much for the win! :smile: Wasn't expecting that. Congrats to the other winners.

Without further ado, the next challenge is...

19. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    ^congrats buddy.

Thanks for the runners up spot :D

• Like Like x 1