70s Film Look using GH3

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Lobbamobba, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Played around with some editing today, and got inspired form my favorite Cop-Movie-Era, think it came out ok.
    The Grain and Filmburns where free samples from Gorilla Grains if someone wants to try.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZSAz3c2hkI0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Overall it looks good except for the flashing colors. What is that about? Was that intended or an accident? I was a kid in the 70s and watched many a cop show{TV and Movie} I don't remember that one.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Yes it was intended, they are so called filmburns and are supposed to mimick lightleeeks, burned film or just a sloppy projectionist at your local theatre :)
    So no, you probably never seen it on TV because they would ave used video.

I dont realy like the look my self but the whole point was to test it. And I have seen exmples where I think it looks realy cool and it came with the grain so why not try them.

Glad you liked it :)

4. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    looks really nice....I do love the coloring and the mood of the experiment...the music was right on too!!!

5. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    ... and you would never have seen these "in the day". Such artifacts in actual '70s film are the result of abuse and poor handling over the years and not what people would have experienced seeing the film in the '70s.

Overall, 99.999% of the "vintage effects" seen these days mimic the results of abused and poorly stored old images. They don't replicate the appearance of an image as taken and first presented.

6. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    True, but I guess thats what helps sell the effect. The grain I added had actual hair on it and I don't think it would have been there from the beginning :)

7. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Thanks,
    I struck some luck with the music. Wanted to use the Dirty Harry Soundtrack but then it might be blocked on hand held devices, but this one was cool to and I got the youtube license for 1 dollar :)