7.5mm Fisheye mod

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I like the finesse, tear it out, slap it on, lol
By day I bet this guy is a 'plastic surgeon'!
(The concept isn't new incidentally, check out the P7-14 rear filter mod.)

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I have both, I'll have a look at that. The VXQ1911 (that's panasonic's part number) is £14.22 delivered, with a :)

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
This seems a lot cheaper than I have seen in other posts - can you tell me where to get it from for £14.22?!
I phoned Panasonic UK on the following number 0844 844 3899 and asked for a VXQ1911 'shading frame'. It's made for the Panasonic 8mm fisheye lens, but fits the P7-14. I was quoted £14.22 post and packing included, 5-7 days delivery, I paid by credit card and had it 2 days later. Best of luck.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I wonder if anyone has tried putting a VXQ1911 'shading frame' on the Samyang/Bower Fisheye lens yet.
I've just tried it and it is a perfect fit dimensionally, no shimming required, unlike the P7-14 adaptation. It actually fits like a glove, fitting in the recess inboard of the bright metal part of the lens, if that makes sense. It neither has interference or slop, but anyone considering using the 'shading frame' would need to devise a means of holding it in place, but the possibilities are adhesive or double sided sticky tape.
Hope that helps.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've just tried it and it is a perfect fit dimensionally, no shimming required, unlike the P7-14 adaptation. It actually fits like a glove, fitting in the recess inboard of the bright metal part of the lens, if that makes sense. It neither has interference or slop, but anyone considering using the 'shading frame' would need to devise a means of holding it in place, but the possibilities are adhesive or double sided sticky tape.
Hope that helps.
Could you take a photo of the holder in place?
I am also wondering if one can use tiny screws to screw into the plastic of the lens to screw the holder in place.

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Unfortunately I now have it attached the P7-14, but when I offered up to the Sammy 7.5 it did cross my mind whether you could indeed screw into the black surround. Personally I would not wish to do that. Imagine where the swarf could end up. Having confirmed form, fit and function, I would consider gluing it in place.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Unfortunately I now have it attached the P7-14, but when I offered up to the Sammy 7.5 it did cross my mind whether you could indeed screw into the black surround. Personally I would not wish to do that. Imagine where the swarf could end up. Having confirmed form, fit and function, I would consider gluing it in place.

I would agree with that fear. However I would most likely mark the hole points with a push pin, remove the rear mount and plastic surround; then drill the holes with my small Dremel press, clean it up and then put it all back together.

letsgofishing

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike Kaplan
I would agree with that fear. However I would most likely mark the hole points with a push pin, remove the rear mount and plastic surround; then drill the holes with my small Dremel press, clean it up and then put it all back together.
Definitely the way to go.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom