1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

7-14 availability sliding?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mcasan, Jun 29, 2015.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    B&H was saying expected availability was June 30. now...."Expected availability: July 20 2015"

2. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    For whatever reason it really seems like B&H and new Olympus products don't go well together. I don't know if it is because everyone pre-orders with B&H and so it takes forever to fill all the orders or what. But in general with new releases if you want them soonest it seems best to go with someplace other than B&H.

3. langer318

langer318 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2013
    Upstate, NY
    I preordered the Oly 7-14MM from B&H and it shipped 6/30 and I received it yesterday.

4. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    Another one returned!!! Haha, not really, just cancelled my order. I preordered because I wanted it for July 4 weekend. B&H couldn't deliver on time, so I'll wait for the first one I see under $1000.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    They probably sold out of the original shipment. B&H is notorious for over selling pre-orders. It is not unheard of for manufacturers to undership either. I used to work in retail electronic back in the day and we would order 50 units of something, only to get 30 with a backorder for the other 20 with an "estimated" shipment date. I dare say the same practice probably still goes on to this day.

6. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    It is not just B&H but Amazon, Adorama, Midwestern Photo, Sammy's along with other well known internet retailers as well s many local shops. Crutchfield and Sammy's has them in stock. a couple of days ago the Panasonic 7-14mm was out of stock in quite few places.